1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Shipping is SLOW

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by IMAGE, Nov 28, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I need to vent a little bit.

I ordered and paid for my 810 back on the 9th. Actually my dealer has the blade, just needed to order the mounting kit for my truck. Well they ordered it on the 9th and got a shipping date of the 12th. I was expecting it that week then, about the 16th or so. Well time kept passing and with calls to my salesman daily last week trying to figure out where it was it was getting old.

He called them a few times and they said it shipped on the 12th, but had no tracking number. This was early last week. Ok then, any day.... NOT! Well no one was in at Blizzard that could give my dealer any info because of the holidays thurs and friday, so today finally he calls me and says he finally got a tracking number from them, and that they now claim thier date of shipping on the 12th was just an "estimated shipping date".

UPS says it will be there friday morning, and I plan on being there to meet it, I have to get this thing on, I have contracts I must do, and it could snow anyday! (I will be blowing them for now if it does).

This better be one damb good plow for the hassle Blizzard has given me in getting the mount!

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry you'll love your blizzard the first time you use it. Good things come to those who wait!!! Well atleast I've been told that onece or twice, still waiting though!!! Have a great season Good Luck!!!

3. phishoook

phishoook Member

It's not just Blizzard. I got screwed on a Boss, and now I've been trying to get a MVP for two weeks. Could you believe there isn't a wiring harness in the USA for a 2005 Chevy?

I'm beging to think I should spend my winters on an island.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

if only it were that easy :drinkup:

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I know I am gonna be there right away at the dealer on friday and waiting for the delivery. I need to get this thing on!

Oh yeah, and Blizzard called me today and left a message for me to call them. I will call him back in the morning.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It took 12 days to get a truck shipment out of Wisc. They shipped on a Thursday we received it 2 Tuesday later.

The trucking companies can be as much at blame as the shipper, my entire order sat in a ABF warehouse for 6 days. Their excuse "they misplaced i.t' you need a fork lift to move any one of the pallets how do you lose something the size of a small car?:dizzy:

7. 6_Feet_Under

6_Feet_Under Junior Member

I just bought a new Blizzard 810 like a month ago and have been waiting for it too. Dealer had everything but the mount.... I know exactly how you feel, dammit get it on already.............LOL. We've already had snow good thing the bobcats took care of it. I also hope it works out to be worth the wait. tymusic

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Got my mount today. Install went pretty smooth. But there was NO solenoid! WTF! My dealer is 80 miles away, I am gonna call them bright and early and let them know. Maybe they can get me one in the mail. But since we are looking at 5-7" of snow tomarrow afternoon--

Does anyone know if I can use any solenoid, say off a Boss plow? I have a local Boss dealer. Or can I just get a generic one from a parts store? Thanks

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use a Boss, Western, Snoway, Fisher part.

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks!:drinkup:

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

works great! This plow is sweet! Only thing that sucks is when pushing a big load in scoop mode sometimes one or both wings relax back to straight. Is there an adjustment for that? Also when angled left or right only about half angled, when pushing a big load it will just turn itself all the way to full angle, is that normal? Or an adjustment for that also?

thanks guys!

12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Sounds like your relief pressures might be a bit low.

13. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I am pretty sure there is a way to adjust your relief pressures, but I am sorry i dont remember how to do it. It should be in your owner's manual tho.

14. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ok, Thanks guys, I will look into it.

15. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

The hold up is DD when I was getting part direct shipped from Blizzard I would get them NEXT DAY to my DOOR. Now that DD has tken things over it is like waiting for Western or Fisher parts. GOOD LUCK.......I left Western plows due to the long arse wait for parts and poor repair time as no dealers stock enough parts. Now I am getting it from DD with my Blizzard parts.

Thanks DD you really know how to treat a customer with 5 plows.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2007
  16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well since we are bringing this thread back to life...

I talked to a guy at Blizzard(or whomever thier customer service is), he called me because I wrote an email to them telling them how crappy it is to tell thier distributer(my dealer) that I would have a part in a few days, to only get it 3 weeks later. Well that call went ok, the guy seemed very interested in seeing what he could do to make it better. He promised to look into it and call me back the next day. He never did call me back. I need to look up where I wrote his name and number down and maybe give him a call, to tell him how much I just love thier customer service... not.:gunsfiring:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2007
  17. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

I know it sucks to have to wait but how about dealing with this type of situation back in September or October when it isn't a big deal if it takes a few weeks. It is better to be prepared than to be screwed.

18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I don't think buying a plow on the 9th of November is so late as to be unprepared. But it is at a time where you do need it asap. If I would of known it would be 3 weeks out to recieve all the parts I would of went with an 8'6'' Boss V with wings, which I could of had installed the same day I paid.

But yes, I have had a steep learning curve since making the decision to start this business just a short month and a half ago. I will be purchasing all my mowing equipment by April 1st, and I will have next yrs plow Jeep (for resi's) ready in sept.

19. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well if anyone has a list of part my dirvers are going to damage this season so I can order them in advance I would be willing to pay for said list.

Why should is take 2 weeks to get slide boxes??? Why should it take 5 weeks to get a quadrant??

Again, Pre-DD I could call Bilzzard direct and have a ANY PART overnight drop shipped to my front door. Why should a Corporation with a dealer support network that size of DD need WEEKS to get part to the dealer. Forget direct shipping of anything. The answer is, BECAUSE THEY CAN. You think Microsoft had a monopoly going?? What do you call this DD mess..........

Ron G.

20. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

I was mowing April first here in NW Indiana this year. You never know. You could have a warm March and be mowing before that. Get your stuff early and have it ready to go, whether its oil changes, blades sharpened, belts, or whatever. I know that the winter is perfect for that since there is so much down time.