1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard SELLs part of operation

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by yooper.mi, Nov 4, 2005.

1. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Company sold plow line to Douglas Dynamics, parent Co. of Western & Fisher brand snowplows according to todays local newspaper.

2. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Can you post the article.

3. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

4. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Thanks yooper. Know wonder I have not received my Blizzard gear yet. I got a email from the company that handles the Blizzard apparel. They said Blizzard is changing some things so it will take a little longer to get my Blizzard gear. Wow I wasn't thinking this would happen.:dizzy:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

That doesnt sound good!

Wow,I guess Fisher doesnt like competition.
    The article said the last shipment being shipped out of Blizzards plant/warehouse this morning.How long will they be out of product before Fisher is up and running?

6. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

western is the big part of douglas dynamics.The good news is that parts could get more readily available the bad news is that the prices are likely to go up.

7. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Better re-check your facts on that one "84". You are wrong! Western is not the biggest part.

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I bet they take the patent for the power plow, incorporate it into the fisher/western lines and dissolve blizzard.
    either way I'm not sure I like it. I wanted to get an 810, now knowing the price differences I would say the 810 will go way up. giving those western Vees too much competition with the low price.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  9. steinerman

steinerman Junior Member
    from ohio

sold

I hope the price doesn't go up. I am like everyone else, it will now that western has something to do with it. All they want is the plows easy hook up and its wings. I was sad to hear blizzard sell out so soon:(

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Especially now that the 810 is becoming soo popular, seems they were starting to affect western/Fisher sales. the only reason I could see is that they wanted faster production to keep up with demand or an offer they just could not refuse. May be bad news for the U.P. as far as jobs go. if they move production to Wisconsin

11. PAfarmer

PAfarmer Junior Member

I spoke with someone at Blizzard today (the same person that told me the company was doing so well and meeting goals 3 weeks ago before I bought my plow) and he assured me that parts would be available for the time being. They are not moving operations (yet) as described in the newspaper article quoted above. They still have plows at the factory to ship out, but they are almost done with this year's run. Who knows what will happen in the future, but for now, it must be business as usual. It could be good for Blizzard, especially if Douglas lets them continue to run as a separate entity. (I wasn't taking notes- all this from my memory so don't quote me! lol)

12. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

It's all getting moved from Calumet.

The last snowplows have been built. The Rock-it power dozer blade will continue to be built in the Blizzard facility.

SNOWplows are done.

13. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If you dont mind me askin what is your source for this info ?
    Todd

14. Oshkosh

In the news article it said last shipment!

The newspaper article said last shipment!!!!!
    Of course the Blizzard people are going to tell you everything is fine, Parts will be available for ever and ever,They want to sell all remaining stock!They would rather sell it than auction it.
    That is what business people do.:gunsfiring:
    I wanted a Blizzard myself, think it is a GREAT plow.Not knowing what they are going to change next season, I think I will hold off.

15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think everyone needs to relax! Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it does'nt get you anywhere. :dizzy:

16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I knew I had read something like that somewhere.

"Blizzard will continue to make the plows in Calumet under contract with Douglas into 2006, Coolman said. Beyond that, he said, the company has not decided where to locate production."

I like the picture of the forklift making the 'last shipment' despite the mountain of plows that he's driving through. So those are just going to sit there and rust?

18. brad welch

brad welch Member

blizzard sales

you guys ever stop top think that maybe blizzard will benefit from this sale.. they now have a lot more capital behind them and maybe can advance some more ideas and designs because of extra money.. remember they are still young only 11 years old--money makes all the difference.. lets hope they keep up the good work and grow even better.. competition wont hurt-- DD ends up with all the cash now anyways..I am a blizzard dealer and plan on being one in the future.

19. Oshkosh

Time will tell!!!The rich get richer!

I Doubt "Blizzard" will be building snowplows for the "NEW Owners"/parent company after this season(Why would they?).
    Blizzard sold out of the snowplow business!$$$$$$

20. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Of course there will be Blizzard plows in the future. Why do you think DD bought the line? To NOT sell them? They may be yellow next year, but it will be an expandable plow. Paint it white if it really bothers you! I am really looking forward to this as it will give them a much better dealer network and some real financial backing to build more than just a "few" plows per year.