1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard rubber snow deflector

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dubster23, Dec 1, 2004.

1. dubster23

dubster23 Junior Member

Was wondering if anyone here uses a snow deflector on their blizzard 810. Always had these on other plows but was wondering how they work with the wings and all. Also if anyone has one could you let me know how they set them up. Thanks
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Blizzard sells them for their plows. Call a dealer.
  3. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i have one but haven't used plow yet so cant say
  4. intlco

intlco Senior Member

What's the best way to mount a rubber snow defector to the 810?
  5. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I ordered my 810 with the deflector.It is only the length of the plow with the wings in.They bolt onto the top lip like any other.In the scoop mode if you are going a little to fast you will still get some blow by over the top of the deflector,but I really like mine.Glad I got it.
  6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I have the Rubber Deflector on both of my 810's and I am glad I added it. When windrowing it just helps roll the snow even more. I have only plowed twice so far but both times it was a wet sloppy heavy 1"-4" snow that turned to ice. In both conditions it kept the snow and/or ice in front of the blade nicely. IMHO worth the money just as with the plow itself. A must have.
  7. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I'm surprised they didn't bolt a small rubber def. on the wings.
  8. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

And than HOW EXACTLY would the wings be able to retract????

Do you know anything about a BLIZZARD POWER PLOW???
  9. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Maybe you didn't understand what I said!

You could mount a seperate piece of rubber on the top front part of the wings, but you would have to weld a piece of channel to the wing since you can't use bolts. Then it would not interfer with the retraction of the wings.
  10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you could make your own. There is a reason Blizzard didn't bother, and I think they didn't because it would not make much difference, as your leading edge would not create a snow storm and your trailing edge is far enough out past your truck as not to create a problem there either. The extra curve on the Blizzard moldboard tends to roll the snow better and tighten up the discharge thus reducing blow over. Of course plowing straight ahead in dry snow in the scoop mode will fill it up and then it will blow over the main moldboard. In my use of the 810 I have found that only the main 8' blade creates any/ if little snow blow over effect.