1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Repair Kit

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Allagash, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Do any of you guys keep the kit sold by Blizzard with them while plowing? If so, has it been worth the purchase? I've thinking about buying it. I can potentially loose hundreds of dollars in downtime if my plow doesn't operate.
  2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

You answered your own question.

We keep a spare of everything, including solenoids, pumps, motors, fittings, hoses, and fluid.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
  3. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I have it, have not used it, would buy it again.
  4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Buy it

Look at it this way, if you have the kit, you will probably never use it. If you don't have it, something WILL break and you will need it.
  5. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Very good advice guys. I'm going to buy it.

How often do you guys dump and refill your hydraulic fluid?
  6. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I would say to change the fluid at the end of the season, as well as the beginning. This way you get any bad junk out before it goes away for the summer, then new stuff to start the season off with.
  7. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I have two blizzards but no kit. I plan on putting together my own kit but havent done it yet. My buddy has the kit from blizzard and blew a hose one night, well he pulls out his kit and the hose they gave him is not long enough. He was PI*&ED OFF to say the least. So Im not sure why he got a short hose, or if all the kits have the same hose, but it is something to think about?