1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Raise Height

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Chevyguy04, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

A lot of you guys complain about how your blizzards don't raise very high, there is an easy solution. I don't know exactly what it is I will ask the mechanic this week and let you know. But he did it to my truck (06 f-350 8611 blizzard) and it lifted an extra 2-3 inches, much nicer. He said he added a couple plates, don't no if it is in front of the lift cylinder by the hitch or what. I will find out, unless someone updates it before I get to it.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Chevy guy, where are you from?

Yes, you can increase lift height by adding a plate across the top of the arm for t he draw latch, but be careful about mashing valves on the cross bar of the light tower with added lift height.

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

How wold that work? My 810 will raise all the way to the stops. I think Jerre does some plasma work to ake it rise a bit more

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Jerre and plasma, you got to be kidding me.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I found out yesterday that if you don't put the pins in (because the tubes are crushed and you have to drive them out with a hammer), because you're too lazy and are only going to scrape off a little paved driveway with a couple inches on it, then the lift height is incredible! In fact, since it will lift higher and higher as you're going up the snowbank, and the tubes are coming out of the slots, then the pesky old hitch arm can also come detached, allowing a tremendous range of motion in an upward direction. Although you may suspect it has gone higher than you've seen before, you probably won't think much of it because you are distracted by watching for traffic and so forth. So after making sure there is no traffic, you back into the street then look forward again to notice your plow is missing. Missing? Where could it have gone? Wait! I think I see it, you say to yourself...Yes! There it is, over there on the snowbank! Thank goodness I've found it!
    So that's my new method for increased lift height. In the future I will make sure I have a jack with me to put under the A-frame so I can lift it up to within plowframe range. Because prying it upward with a long pair of boltcutters takes both hands, which leaves none for propping it up with blocks. Wait, did I say blocks? Took them out of my pickup bed for some reason. So instead I am now left to lifting it with two hands, while balancing on one leg and using the other foot to try to push a flat rock (borrowed from customers stone wall), and perched on top of said rock a plow shoe, which doesn't lend itself to perfect balance, but hey, it worked after a couple dozen tries.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

milkcarton.jpg

7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

ROFLMAO. My plows on a milk carton. Hee hee hee

8. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

Yea our mechanic just adds plates to all of our plows its nice having them go up a couple more inches.

I am from west michigan

9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I have not had it done, just pointing it out. I don't see how the plow can raise any more when it's on the stops..

10. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

we just weld a 1/4 " plate across the hitch where it raises up to the push bar. By putting the plate there, the lift hitch sits down lower, pivoting the other end up therefore when the lift cylinder pushes against it the plow goes an inch or 2 higher. Bad explaination but just go look at your plow and you will see what I mean.