1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by guardguyjer, Nov 26, 2008.

1. guardguyjer

guardguyjer Junior Member

Does a blizzard 810PP also have downpressure? It looks to me that on a power plow you operate wings with controller and a speed wing does things itself but in order to back drag you need to lock something else in. ???

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Short answer: No, yes, and yes.

In stock form no down pressure, but because of the power hitch 2 way cylinder, down pressure can be obtained with some modifications. The wings are hydro on an 810, and spring/cable controlled on a speedwing. In order to be locked in straight blade, you have to physically pin the wings straight.

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

but the cylinders on the wings are not locking cylinders, therefore when you backdrag, if there is enough force the wings will start to fold forward, but it doesnt really affect it that much. trust me we do ALOT of driveways which means alot of backdragging and this blade does that well b/c it soo heavy.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Actually, on your plow, springs are what hold the wings straight, if you double them you could backdrag with your wings out.

On my plows, I do have true hydro wings, and there is plenty force to backdrag with wings fully extended straight.