1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard push plate advice??

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bdhtreeserice, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bdhtreeserice

bdhtreeserice Junior Member

Hey all, I just bought a used Blizzard 760 for a 2000 GMC 1500 pickup i just got.. The plow is mint, andd i got it for 800 bux. It came off from a 1994 dodge 1500. Is there anyway i can make those push plates work on my GMC?? Anyone have any advice? Am i better to try to find a used set or can i rework these? Any help would be great!
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Nothing is impossible ... but this one doesn't look easy. I would be looking to trade mounts if I were you.

Attached Files:

3. bdhtreeserice

I was kinda thinking the same thing.. Not anywhere near the same setup.. Thank you for the help
  4. Hammerman07

Hammerman07 Junior Member

My first plow was an first gen blizzard from a dodge truck. I have gm's so i took the dodge cross member and cut the end plates off and shortened it 1/2" on each end and welded the end plates back on then made my own drop down plates out of 1/2" steel. its been on a 94 chevy for 5 years without a problem. I also did the same for a 99' new body 2wd 2500 that is now on my 01 4wd. If your handy with a torch and welder anything is possible. Just make sure the welds are good. It seems there are more dodge brackets out there people are willing to get rid of. once they go on a gm or ford they stay there for years.

Ps. I also added 2 pieces of 1/2" x 2" bar stock to the bottom of the dodge bracket back to the center cross member and installed 2 bolts through the frame to keep the cross tube from twisting.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. bdhtreeserice

Well I am just getting ready to start mounting it up this morning.. I am looking at it and i like your design hammer.. I can shorten the push beam and then resupport it.. This doesnt look all that hard.. But i do like your idea of the 1/2 plate back to the crossmember to stop the beam from twisting.. Thank you for your help..