1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Speedracer, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer Junior Member

I have been having countless problems with my Blizzard 810; I can't seem to keep the bolts that hold the cross bar to the plow frame tight and now the frame holes are ovaled out. Anyone out there with a similar problem? Allan

2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

use locking type nuts and jam nut it...
    is there a way to weld a stop on it ?
    i'm not familiar with them (i'm a fisher guy)

:nod:

3. Speedracer

Speedracer Junior Member

I use an all metal lock nut but somehow it keeps backing off and making a mess of the mounting holes. I guess I could weld a stop at the nut, or maybe I should just permanently weld the frame on. Thanks for the response. PS.. I own a Fisher on my other superduty and the only $ I've spent on it all year is $70 for a cutting edge. ($2200.00 and counting) on my Blizzard. :realmad:

4. wls

wls Senior Member

wow, 2200.00 thats 1/2 the cost of the 810. I have one, no problems this year. Take that back, burned out a turn signal bulb.
    What have you had to replace for 2200.00? thanks

5. Speedracer

Speedracer Junior Member

so far this year; 2 hardware kits, wiring harness, 4 solenoids, 4 piston bushings, hydraulic fluid reservoir, cutting edge, and I'm working on another hardware kit/plow frame because some of the bolts have literally pulled through the frame of the truck!! I had a Blizzard dealer install the plow and still these problems. :cry:

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

All I can say is WOW. I havent had any trouble with my 810.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hmm, and I was going to buy an 810 next year. Not now. :nono:

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you need to go to another blizzard dealer. you are going through to many parts.

9. Speedracer

Speedracer Junior Member

I can honestly say that my dealer either installed the plow wrong or the plow was a lemon from the start; or maybe a combination of both. Unfortunately the only thing the Blizzard manufacturer is willing to do for me is send me some replacement bolts, BIG DEAL!!! I need a whole new plow frame and some modifications to the frame of my truck be cause of the damage from a poor installation. It sucks. :angry: :angry:

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Something is not right, either installation, plow, mount, or possibly even usage. I haven't heard of anybody with this many problems with a Blizzard, not even when they were brand new and didn't have all the bugs worked out.

Contact Jerre Heyer, he is a member here and a Blizzard dealer. I am sure he can help out if it is a plow\mount or installation problem.

Is this a brand new plow this season?

11. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

Speedracer, short of buying a bunch of new parts , I would either weld the holes shut and redrill them on size , or drill them out to the size that will clean them up , if you have room for larger bolts.
    I don't think you will have much luck keeping anything tight now that the holes are ovaled out.

12. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

The only problem ive had with my 810 is it stopped working during the first storm after install. and come to find out the brushes in the motor were not making contact with the wall. No big deal. Dealer came to shop and made the adjustments and away I went.

13. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

try the nylocks they seem to work better than the ones that have
    the indents or ovaled ones..
    is this where the push beam would be on a fisher? the two that hold it
    between the frame plates ?

14. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

dont let a couple problms stop you boss. I have not had any problms nor have most.

15. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It was probably a lemon from the start. An 810 will be my next plow for sure. :nod:

16. Mark Oomkes

I wouldn't worry about it. Something's going on with his plow. If money wasn't an object, I'd have another 8611 and 2 810's before next season.

17. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Raise hell with the dealer! Call the BBB and the attourney general of NH as well as threatening a lawsuit against the dealer. Damage to your truck from the install, or failure to install properly makes your dealer liable. Also please let us all know WHO you had install it so none of us make the mistake of going there.

18. Speedracer

Speedracer Junior Member

If I had several employees using the plow I'd say that the plow had been abused; but the only person using the equipment is me and on occasion my business partner. One note the dealer did say is that he hadn't heard of many installations on an F-350 Superduty dump with a diesel, so with that combination of weight and power the truck could be overpowering the plow. This is the third season with this "gen 2" plow. Interestingly enough I have a superduty p/u with a gas engine and a 5 year old fisher 8' plow that I use on an identical parking lot and not one issue this year! Thanks for the advice "all" I will probably either drill out and start over or start from scratch. My Blizzard dealer tells me that there was a substantial design change in the frame mount on this years Blizzards.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  19. Mark Oomkes

Interesting bit of info. You're complaining about all these 'problems' on something that's been in service for 3 years. Now I will grant you that the repairs seem excessive, but it sounded like this was a brand new plow, from what you implied.

Bolts can and do loosen up on plows and frames.

Something still doesn't add up here.

20. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have to say I've had issues with my blizzard too. Brand new this year, Had issues with the lack of ground clearance, long story, anyway, the biggest problem is that I had to fight for warranty coverage on a 3 month old plow with dealer and manufacturer than it took almost three weeks to get parts(which I had to install myself because blizzard woulnd'nt cover them). On the good side when the plow was useable it worked well. But, after missing more than half the plowable storms waiting for parts I will probabably go back to hanging fishers on my trucks. On my 5 year old beaten 7.5 I had the motor rebuilt(about a day turnaround and less than $100) and a blown hose (I think that was $10-15 and took about 10 minutes to replace).If only fisher made an expandable plow.Hmm???