1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard problem!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bluenite608, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

The solenoid for DOWN went up in flames, it melted bad. I went to drop the blade and it would not move. When i got out of the truck, smoke was coming from under the cover. My local Blizzard dealer changed it and now the problem is that when I lift the blade, It drops by itself. It does not do it everytime but it does happen often. A couple of times, I had to lift the plow and quick shut off the switch?? Any Ideas or suggestions would be great?????:confused: :confused:
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

what did the dealer say when you went back the second time?
  3. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Sounds like the "variable flow control valve" needs to be adjusted. Have a buddy raise and lower the plow from inside the truck as you make adjustments when the plow is on the ground. Turn the dial clockwise to decrease the flow.

4. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

tunns out that the valve needed to be adjusted. The day before, the solenoid that controls DOWN melted and produced a lot of smoke! The dealer on Sunday at 5 pm was at his shop and took good care of me. However, he could not tell me why the solenoid melted. Some one along with people on this board said that i left the plow in the down mode to long.(i left it in the down mode for about an hour with the truck running) anyway when i went back to the dealer, he adjusted the down valve and i am good to go now!!
  5. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

KCB ,.....thank you for your reply:salute: