1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard pricing question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bterry, Jun 7, 2005.

1. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I'd like to try a Blizzard 810 on my '99 F250 but I'm thinking the price is kind of steep. I was quoted $4995 installed (or not). Price good until september if I pay 20% now. Is that price consistant with the rest of the country?
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

thats the going rate over here
  3. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

I got quoted for $5150 installed last year before winter hit here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area
  4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

$5150.00 installed here in MO.
  5. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Thanks folks, now I'll just need to figure out if it's worth it....
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Bterry, If you charge by the hour or get paid by the hour then no its not worth it. Anything else were your time is money then an extra 1000.00 over a straight blade is cheap for a plow that will save you a minimum of 25% of your time. Unless you do strictly small residential it should be a no brainer. I have owned and used v blades and straight blades and this year I will be running a Blizzard 810. They price the same as a v and do everything better and wider then a v. The only edge a v has is the drift breaking v mode, so unless you break threw giant drifts all the time get the Blizzard.
  7. wls

wls Senior Member

There well worth it.
  8. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Think that price is good. Jump on it
  9. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

We clear private roads in subdivisions. We charge a flat rate up to 6 inches then by the hour. Our old straight blades took a minimum of 4 passes in light snow and up to 7 passes in deep snow. We now clear the same roads with out 810 in 3 :) passes! I LIKE IT! We charge $120 per hour over 6 inches with our 810s!

YES it is worth the extra grand! :nod:
  10. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

like said before the blizzard is for sure more efficient than a straight blade or v plow but if you are subbing than why spend the extra money and there is also A LOT MORE WEAR ON YOU TRUCK with a blizzard if its your personal truck i would not put a 810 on you'll just tear it up quick
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I was told $6100 last month, don't know why its so much more here in Minnesota.
  12. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Call Jim Benchley 1-800-249-7058. An 810 $3985.00 cash & carry shipping $250-$300 depending where you live. Might be worth the call.
  13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I will do that, sounds like it would be worth looking in to this.
  14. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

680 720 price

Does anyone know what the price of a 680 or 720 blizzard is running? needing a blade for a full size bronco without doing any front end mods. 94 bronco.
  15. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I think that it was $2600 installed for 720.
  16. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Absolutely worth it. Once you try it you'll never go back! Get wide!