1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lownrangr, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Before I venture out to the dealer, what can I expect the price for a Blizzard straight blade plow to be?

2. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

it would depend on what straight blade you want to buy. They have 5 different kinds. Ranging from blade width to height of moldboard. Price will differ depending where you live. It is probably better to just go into the dealer and find out.

Peter

3. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Model 800 about $3300. Cash and carry. Just bought one.

4. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

If your going STRAIGHT BLADE , what steers you toward a blizzard.

5. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I'm picking an 800 up tommorow. Why did i choose it?

I'm not an experienced plow user so please take this in stride. I researched the different plow manufacturers. I looked at wieghts and durability based on a lot of posts here.

I chose the Blizzard straight blade cause I like white

Kidding

I'm especially impressed with the torque box moldboard design. That is the same design technique used in the aicraft wing design. I believe that is a better design than the simple angle brace method. It's also cleaner.

I also like the way the made the ends of the plow higher to contain the snow as it builds towards the ends.

The video on the Blizzard website showing the 800 at work on a GMC truck seems to show the plow in the raised position.... nice and high. I like that too.

The power attachment looks great. Drive up, hook up the electric and flip a toggle switch.. much like the Boss.

I was also considering the Boss but is was a little more money and didn't have a unique moldboard design. Boss relies on moldboard thickness (11 guage). Their better plows are very heavy and expensive.... they wanted $4900 around here for an PowerV 8.2 installed.

6. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

Blizzard 810 runs about $4600 installed at one of the local delaers be me.

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I got my 810 for $4300 at Histands in Doylestown.

8. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

Bought an 810 yesterday 3800.00 I have to put it together

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MATT......Are ya gonna hook up with the Philly
    boys this sunday the 30th ?

We are gonna meet around 7;30 pm at Hooters
    in King of Prussia near KOP mall. Rt. 202

I am in the area..Will be there too...........geo

10. phillyplowking1

Im goin up my mountain house tomarrow for hunting season.I wish I could make it.

11. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Bummer Matt..........tryin' to PM ya...But still
    broke I guess. We will post pics of plows,
    pals, and TA-TAs !..............geo:blush2:

12. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

700LD or 760LD About $2900.00

760 or 800 $3000.00

810 $4300.00

810SS $4200.00

8611 $5300.00

Cash & Carry

314-614-2100;)

13. so i should find the blizzard 680LT for under 2900 then, right?

14. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

Is that 680 a 6'8" long blade? I thought that's how their numbering system works. What are you going to do with that? A small blade like that is completely worthless unless you're doing a bunch of little driveways. We don't hire anyone who has less than a 7 1/2' blade unless they buy (and use) a set of wings on them.

15. phillyplowking1

I use a 7' meyers on my jeep and I find it pretty usefull in tight spaces and its very good for doing sidewalks.I sometimes even send it out with a backhoe to clean up after it.My opinion is that a blade under 7.5' can be very usefull.

16. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

Great if it works for you. We tell our customers we don't even attempt to get into tight spots or a single parking space in between 2 cars because of the potential to do damage. Never had a negative reaction to that. They appreciate we are being careful. I'd rather not take the chance.

17. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

I messed up it was souposed to be;

680LD $2900.00

700LD or 760LD About $3000.00

760 or 800 $3100.00

Sorry for the bad Info.

314-614-2100
    Rick

18. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Lownrangr what kind of truck are you going to put it on?

19. It's going on a ranger, but I think I'm gonna stick with the homesteader because I only need it for real light duty (driveways). I'd kinda like to get the blizzard beacuse it's prolly built better than the homesteader and it'll be tougher, but I haven't made up my mind...

20. brad welch

brad welch Member

Blizzard 680 Plow

HOW ABOUT A BLIZZARD 680 PLOW BRAND NEW IN THE CRATE FOR 2000.00 PLUS SHIPPING. YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET AN UNDERCARRIAGE FROM A DEALER BUT THE REST IS COMPLETE CONTROLLER, LITES AND PLOW ASSY. BETTER BUY THIS YEAR THE PLOWS ARE GOING TO BE UP ABOUT 8-10% FOR NEXT YEAR DUE TO STEEL PRICES IF INTERESTED MOOSEOZBY@SBCGLOBAL.NET OR CALL 217 520 7569 BRAD