1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard pp v Snow Way Revo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have been running blizzards for several years now for the commercial work and absolutely love them. The flexibility and ability to expand either side independently and form a scoop or use in the windrow position is great. Also, when cleaning parking spaces at the hoa's, flat blading from 8 to 11 feet to get between cars is great, plus when they park on an angle, I can adjust the width on the fly. The ability to plow in the fully retracted position is sometimes necessary with heavy wet snow, especially that first pass.
    The snow way gives you true box blade capability and can probably carry more especially with the aux wings, but I think a lot of flexibility is lost with this design. I'm sure that dp is a great feature. I think the hydraulic wings activate too fast. I would hate being next to a car and hit the wrong button. It seems like a goofy setup if you had to plow fully retracted for the heavy, wet stuff. What do you guys think?

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Well where do we start. The Blizzard is a nice plow, they definitely have all the bugs worked out. Snoways biggest downside is the bugs, but those will eventually be worked out. IMO the Snoway both carries more snow and is more versatile. The only downside is the snoway can not go down to an 8 ft straight blade, but it can do an 8 ft angled scoop blade or a 8.5 back drag blade (for between cars etc). I personally do many tight condos and have no issues so far with the size of the blade. It also has to be mentioned, these plows are really ment for big trucks, trucks that usually wont need the nible size of an 8 ft blade. I NEVER take the wings off. If the snow got really heavy I may take the wings off but have not run in to that situation. If you haven't seen it yet Ive posted some videos of the sheer capacity of the snoway blade in the vid forum. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=77038

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

get wide get a blizzard pp plow best money spentpayup