1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Power Plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Sep 10, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

I heard a rumor a while back that blizzard was going to start mounting the light towers to the plows and just use a regular undercarriage like most of the other manufacturers, but i cant find any truth to it and havent seen any changes on the blizzard site, and my nearest dealer is 45 mins away. any one have any infol. on this or was it just another false rumor?

Im interested in possibly getting an expandable wing plow sometime, and really dont want a light tower on my truck all winter... thanks

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Only happening on the 7600 series plow this year. Will eventually trickle down to the bigger plows, probably next yearm

The light bar does'nt have to stay on all year. 2 pins pop out, unplug the lights, and they are off. 30 secont operation, if you keep the light bar lubed.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, what he said.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I like being able to switch between trucks if need be, I doubt we will be able to in the future with the new setup. Does anyone know for sure?

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

they might be able to... with boss i can hook most any straight blade and v plow up to my truck except the 10' plows with my same undercarriage and wiring... i still rather just have a power hook up with the light bar attached to plow, i guess ill just wait and see what comes out for next year, thanks for the responses.