1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard power plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rcr4w, Feb 3, 2011.

1. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

Any reviews good or bad.

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

excellent for commercial lots

3. SullivanNursery

SullivanNursery Junior Member

I just got one a few weeks ago and love it. 8611 LP

4. CptnDruk

CptnDruk Junior Member

I'm on my 3rd season pushing the 810 (with a F250) and love it. I consistently out push anyone plowing next to me in volume of snow per pass because of the ability to put both wings forward to form a scoop. The wings also come in real handy for getting into areas around islands, light posts, etc. The blizzard plows are also very heavy so if you need to back drag areas, Blizzard is for you.

One point of advise I would make if you decide to go with a Blizzard is install timbrins's or something similar to reinforce your front end. Again, these plows are just heavier then most others.

Just my 2 cents...

5. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

5th season for me and another 810 is in my future for next year.

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Love mine. 8611 BTW. Don't think I could ever go back to anything else. I used a friend's Boss V the other day and felt like I was plowing w/ my hands ties behind my back. Just no substitution for 11 ft and then scoop mode. Although there were times this past storm where I wish I had a V in 3ft drifts. 99% of the time I'm extremely happy w/ my 8611 though.

7. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

Is the Timbren really needed on a 2007 dodge 3500 4x4? I just installed it today what a pain in the a$$ I should have just paid to have them do it.

8. Blueberry

Blueberry Junior Member

Blizzard plow

I have a (5+years)Blizzard and a Western plow 10+ years).

If you can, Make sure that the lift the makes the plow on the Blizzard plow works because you will need to have 2 people and a heavy pry bar to get the plow on. One person to hole the plow up with the bar while the other puts the pin in. You will see what I mean.

9. nliput

nliput Member

JUNK! Espically for commerical usage. Had one for less than a month and had nothing but problems.

10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I think there's many people on here that would disagree. You may have gotten a bad apple but as a general consensus they are a quality plow that can add an extreme increase in productivity.

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hardly junk, at least the Calumet version. Sounds more like operator error/ignorance ...

Poweplows are absolutely priceless once you learn how to use them properly to optimize your plowing efficiency.

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:laughing: Maybe a lemon, maybe a bad install, maybe you were abusive. Why don't you go into some details. I think it's strange you had it for less than a month.

13. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Great plows. I have had my 810 for 6 years, only replaced one cylinder. There is only about 10# difference between the 810 and a 9'2" boss v. I am on my second year with the 8611 and love it too. They scrape much better than the v plows. I don't know about residential, but they are great for commercial.

14. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

The one drawback, is that they don't stack as high as a v plow, at least not for me.

15. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

I think the easiest part of the whole install was getting the plow on the truck the power hitch part is awesome I was refering to the removing the bumper and brackets and the lining it all back up was the pita part of the deal. So far I think it's great plowed alot with it last night it works great.

16. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

The only thing I have to say about it thats bad is that it doesn't lift as high as I would like it to.

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That can be modified...

:popcorn:

18. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

Do share then.

19. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Even stacking height I haven't had a problem with. I don't have a v to compare it to, but I do have equipment to relocate snow when we get too much. More $$$

20. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

2 times on that! Mine goes plenty high! A trip to Erie will cure any of the minor upgrades that make these plows bullet proof!