1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Power Plow or Vee

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mehaw1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. mehaw1

mehaw1 Junior Member

I recently added chev 2500hd to my 98 Chev, and was trying to decide between getting a power plow or a vee blade. Local dealer for blizzard does not want to sell plow because of a lack of support as far as warranty was concerned. I like the vee plow (arctic, fisher, etc.), but like the width of the power plow. It seems like the blizzard might be a bit of a headache as far as breakdowns are concerned. I've always had good luck with the arctic plows i've owned in the past, and i would hate to get into another brand and find it is a lemon.

Any insight into the reliability issues with blizzard would be greatly appreciated.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

For me, it is a great plow, very productive. As far as dealer support, if they can't service you, stock up on a few key parts, and DIY.

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I use blizzards and also have a fisher extreme v. There are some of my accounts that the v is actually faster because of the relativly small size and the amount of obsticles. I will always have a v in my fleet but the majority is going to stay blizzards (810 and 8611 lp). For the most part the blizzard will be more productive. It all depends on what you are plowing on what you should get.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

we've got a 86-11 and it's been a good one. and it's not an erie special either :rolleyes: lol (not that they arent better)

we have put many of miles underneath the 86-11, the paint is rubbed off the front and rusted off the back lol. and it's still moves the most snow of the entire "fleet"

we also have a fisher Vee but it's just physically not possible to carry as much snow as the 11'3" wide Blizzard.

the only Vee plow that would even come close is the new SnoWay Vee plow with factory wings:dizzy:

PJ

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I think the Blizzards suck, mine are allways broke down. :jester:

On a side note, I am looking for a used 86-11LP any one have one for sale ?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why the SW vee specifically PJ? They're only available in 8.6".

A 9.2 Boss, 9.5 Fisher/Western or any other 9.5 with that companies factory wings would carry more snow since they'd be wider than the 8.5 SW to begin with. And in the case of a Boss specifically, the wings are 2" wider yet (overall) than the SW wings.

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the 810. Stock up on a couple parts, or get in touch with Jerre when you need parts quick.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Superior manufacturing, lightning fast hydraulics, EIS electrics, Down Pressure, double acting cylinders, a snazzy black paint job, the worlds ugliest light, kick backs from Toby4492 for every time he mentions SW:jester:

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think Tom puts subliminal messages in his posts, he's brainwashing us all. LOL

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

There'S no Way I would do that to you guys JD. :D

ROFLMAO :jester:

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

But none of it allows it to contain more cubic feet of snow than a wider blade with the same add on wings. ;)

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its not in the posts....its in the free beer and wings!!!. :jester: :D

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why do you insist on sticking to the subject and injecting facts:gunsfiring: