1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Power Plow for a gravel driveway?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by rrkroll, Oct 9, 2014.

1. rrkroll

rrkroll Junior Member
    from Hancock

Hi All,
    I am new to the forum, and am looking for a plow for my driveway/yard. I have a very long gravel driveway, and because of the amount of snow we get at my house I have to plow about 2 acres of grass in my yard. After 3 years of plowing with an old Western cable operated plow, I have pretty much decided on a Blizzard Power Plow. I think that the bucket mode, and the wings would save me about a half hour a night. but it hit me today that the wings may have a hard time with the uneven ground in a yard and driveway combo. Does anyone use the power plow for driveway/yard plowing? Are the wings fragile?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wings are fine. They will dig in tho. So watch that

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

They are fine, I do a few long gravel drives and one partial gravel lot. No problems!

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

put a gravel guard on it and plow away

5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Searching for info on this gravel guard you speak of, interesting. Thumbs Up

I know I dont like running the shoes on my 700' gravel driveway run. Prefer to stop just before touching.