1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard power plow cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jd$jess, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

where is the best place to buy cutting edges mine are shot worn to bottom of plow

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

A Blizzard snowplow dealer. If you are worried about price, then shop around. If you currently work with a dealer and they are not reasonably priced, tell them, and at least give them the option. Your local dealer should always be your first thought.
    Remember that your dealer may not always be the cheapest. But when the chips are down and you need to get back running, who is your dealer going to help first: the guy down the street who buys anything he can get online because it is cheaper, or the guy from the next town over who usually buys his parts at the dealer?

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

wings or main

4. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

Both I don't think I got enough blade edge left to weld on the wings

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

you can get aftermarket mains at angelos supplies and wings weld on to the wings or get both made at a fab shop get them thicker

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

5/8mains and 3/4 wings

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Jerre Heyer.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

A local fab shop. Have them use something harder than aluminum foil. And go 3/4" instead of the crap that comes from Blizzard.

I love my Blizzards, but the OEM cutting edges suck.

9. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

ok thanks i will check with fab shop here in town

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love to tell you what to use specifically, but my fab won't tell me. :rolleyes: