1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Power hitch plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Douglas Hands, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I just purchased a blizzard PH 1 plow. It came off an 05 f250 and I am mounting to an 05 f250. Does anyone have a mounting pic I can see for the undercarriage. Also wanting to buy a slide in salt spreader. Thinking Salt dogg poly box. Any suggestions...Thank you in advance for your help

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why the need of a pic?

3. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I am not exactly mechanically inclined. Build houses and remoldling. Had a Western plow a few years ago that someone else hooked up. I can drive the wheels off em...just don't know much about working on them. When got the plow it was already disconnected from original truck. Have someone lined up to wire it for me but they wanted the undermount on the truck before I bought it to them

4. dieselss

Oh. Not really that hard. Like 3 bolts on each side of the tk frame and then bolt the push beam to the outside frames. Is it a 810 or straight blade

5. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

810. Blizzard is new to me. If buying new I would have gone with western. This was a good deal. so I am going to try it

6. dieselss

Ok. You'll love that plow. If you jump on blizzards website and look up the predd instructions it should point you in the right direction

7. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Thanks for the help. Will be installing tomorrow. How about advise on a slide in salt box....Any you would reccomend

8. dieselss

That's hard. But electric poly would be my choice

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Blizzard still has the install manuals on their website. Look it up.