1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard polar edge

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mr.plow, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

I'm going to get a blizzard 8611 power plow $8600 Canadian. I ask them how much for the polar edges. I was reading here that it is very benificial to have them on. Well anyways they want $3000 cnd for them is this right? are they really that much? That' like $2400 US. This plow is going on an F550 4x4 with snow plow pkg.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

While they are expensive, I paid 450 US for mine on an 810 the 8611 can't be that much more.

3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I just paid 493.00 US for an 810 edge

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Holy cow, are they gold plated? Ours was about $600 for the 8611. Somebody's smoking something they shouldn't be.

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Wow !!!!!! payup payup I know what they cost, and man the Nuckies are get top dollar for that stuff. I am in the wrong business. :p

6. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

Where did you get if from localy for you or is it sometnig I would be able to order cross border. I'm in T.O Can.
    Also is the polar edge something that replaces the excisting edge or does it slip over top of the excisting edge? thanks

7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

You remove the old edge and just bolt the new one on, same for the wings.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I bought ours from the local dealer. (Note to self--need to work on new parts supplier) I would think if they are really going to stick with that price that, after I got done laughing in their face, that I would make a few phone calls to dealers across the river, or even the factory to find another dealer that is reasonable.

The difference with the Polar Edge for Blizzard is that there are steel inserts in the urethane in order to support the weight of the Blizzard. So it is a dealer only item and more expensive than your average urethane edge. And yes, take the steel one off, bolt on the new one. No drilling or cutting required.