1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plows?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kolkie05, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Can anyone shed some insight on Blizzard plows?

If you own one what has the reliability been like?

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Read through the forums. You will see a lot of goods and some bads. I have 2 810s and absolutely love them.
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Reliable, yes! Without quirks, no. Painting gets old after a while, but overall they're great plows. I have an early production LoPro (#5) that had a couple issues when it was brand new, covered under warranty. Ever since then, it's been perfect, this will be year number 4. I have an 06 810 as well, I just bought it used this summer, I don't doubt that it will be just as reliable as the LoPro. I also have an older 810 that's on my dad's truck now, it has one wing that never quite wants to work properly (4-hose model) and it has some wire corrosion issues due to it's age (got stuck in the up position one night, that was fun). Otherwise it's been reliable. Lastly, I have an 800HD that serves mostly as a backup. The a-frame, pump, valves, etc have been gone through completely this year, and the moldboard is in the process of getting a complete paint job. It's been a good plow when I've used it. Overall, very happy with the blizzard line-up and interchangeability, but very disappointed in the changes to the mounting and power plows since the DD take-over.
  4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have to agree on the DD takeover. But their starting to get better.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Depends on what generation it is and if the Dr has gotten ahold of it.
  6. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Hell yeah they are good

I had a 760LT that I used on a F250 LD and then a F250 SD and never had ANY problems over the 4 years I ran it.
    I'm looking for a new plow, and unfortunately the "New" dealer here doesn't stock anything but the monster Plows. So I think I'm gonna have to switch brands :(
  7. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I have a couple of different brands, I don't like that the draw bar hangs a little low but otherwise they're OK...
  8. wizardsr

Who's this "Dr." you speak of??? :drinkup:
  9. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

A new chapter

I decided to go with a Snoway plow. I have 20 contracted for 20 properties, and the snow is coming down the mountain, so I couldn't drag it out. I loved the Blizzard, but I like the idea of the hydraulic down pressure and the wireless joystick. We'll see how it goes. I'd still recommend a Blizzard if you have a good dealer.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Blizzard or 2.

They're OK I guess.
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For the snow you get in Miami they're fine.
  12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I will say it really sucks getting the sand out of the slide boxes.

But they never freeze.

No snow buildup on that stupid cover where the pump is mounted.

And you think those edges wear fast in snow? You ought to see what they do in sand.

Paint really sucks in sand as well.

They don't stack sand worth a crap either.
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mark - you should get a Fisher. All the hicks up here use them for bulldozering the driveway. That beach sand is nuthin for a Fishuh!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I assume he's talking about Jerre http://www.jerres.com/ an "erie special"
  15. wizardsr

I know, it was a joke, I have 3 Erie specials... Worth every one of the 1800 miles out there and back... :nod:

Oh, and Jerre took care of that little "down pressure" issue... Now I can have my cake and eat it too!
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  16. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet, how do you short chain that plow ???? :jester:
  17. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I have 680 on my S10 Jimmy and love it, i have had problems with the thin steel cracking and several welds braking but no pump or motor problems, but my second choice would have been the snow way you bought (down pressure is just ok) good luck, dave
  18. wizardsr

Crap! You HAD to remind me didn't you... I forgot to have Jerre weld the chains on while I was there... Guess I'll have to drive back out... :dizzy: