1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vball2116, Jan 7, 2005.

1. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Hey I am just about turning 16 and I think the truck i want to get is the Nissan Frontier. I also like the Blizzard Snow Plows that they seem like a good investment. It looks like the 720 plow from them looks like a suitable plow for the truck, but i was wondering if there is any problems when you have a plow on the frontier. I will appreciate any ideas that you have and also how much does the 720 cost?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I had a 1990 Nissan pick-up. awesome truck. w/ BFG A/T's on it, it couldn't get stuck. I'd imagine they've gotten better in the last 15 years...
    I've got Blizzard plows on my Dodges now. Love 'em.

~Matt

ps. run a search on this site & see what you come up with.

3. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Hey thanks!

Im liking the 2001 Nissan frontier and a blizzard plow would be great,but I better keep saving lol. Thanks

Jeff

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

vball,
    I have the 760LT. Been pretty happy with the plow so far, first season with it. Other then it froze up on me, but -28 below will do that to a lot of things. You should find a local dealer and talk to him about which one to put on. The 720 may work, if not they have 680 also. But first, find the plow dealers around you and check them all out, Blizzard, Western, Boss, Fisher, etc. All are great plows, it comes down to dealer support for me. Not sure if they all have plows that will work on the Frontier but again, call around and check. Good luck.

Buck

plow32.JPG

5. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Thanks for the info! How much did your blizzard cost?

Jeff

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes a mount and the 720LT would be great. Make sure the truck has an aux tranmission cooler and you will want to beef up the front end a little. Cost wise the 720LT will vary from about $2,400-$3,600 installed depending on where you go. I have seen them all over that range your probly looking at around $3,000-300 in PA.

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Mine was $2565 plus tax. That included installation. My dealer has the 720 listed at $2514 and the 680 at $2463. Each dealer seems to be different so don't be surprised if it's a little higher due to shipping. Again good luck, I think you'll end up with a nice plow rig when you get it set up. When my boy turns 16 he'll have a similar set up so he can start earning me some $$. :D

Buck

8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Hey Buck,Do you have timbrens or the like on your truck? I just picked up an 2005 2500Hd and man i swear the bumper drags the ground that front end is so low...

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Camland,
    No I don't. I need to get some on though...she sags a bit when I lift the blade. It actually plows just fine without them, but it looks dorky when it sits so low. I was going to crank up the torsions but after a bit of research decided against that and will just put some Timbrens on at some point.

Congrats on the new truck! I'm jealous, want a 2500 bad, but got to grow this biz slowly, don't want to get in way over my head. Post a pic when you get a chance.

Buck

10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I have never needed timbrens on the GMC trucks. I turn torsion bars up 5 turns and then she sits level. Trucks from the factory have the bars turned way down to give you a nice car like ride when you test drive it. Same as running the air a little low. They have adjustments on them so the truck can be set up depending on the load you will put on it. Try it you will be amazed at the difference. I have my plow on even in the summer and no abnormal tire wear now for two years and she runs straight on the road.

11. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

With the frontier will the 720 blizzard plow cause problems with the truck. I mean i know the truck will lose some years cuz of all of the wear that the plowing will do, but is there anything i should do about the front end once i install the plow. Will there be any jobs like comercial or residential that I won't be able to do with the frontier that I could do with a more heavy duty truck. Finally, does anyone know if the warranty gets voided with the nissan models because of a plow being on there.

Thanks,
    Jeff

12. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The Frontier is not suited to do commercial work. With the 720 it is for light personal use. Few drive ways etc.

13. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I think I seen my first Blizzard around here today and I don't mean the snow falling. Western and Fisher are the big two up here. I was going to stop and ask the guy what he though of it.