1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plows

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Pestyspecial, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Pestyspecial

Pestyspecial Junior Member

How do you feel about Blizzard plows? I've run Boss for years for another company, but now I'm running my own this year. 2007 Dodge 5.7L. A friendly competitor tells me they are the best, but I'm not so sure, only because I don't see them on the road regularly during an event. Seems like a lot of moving parts too.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking ph1s or dd blizzards?

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

The PH1 Blizzards were the ****!!! The newer ones are "okay" from what I've heard, but their finishes have always sucked! Things look like crap after the first year. You'd think that after all of these years they'd figure out how to put a decent, lasting finish on them.

4. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

used and 810 and 811

Last winter I got to use the 810 and 811. IMO they are okay

Pros= Great scrape and back drag, scoop mode is a real time saver, easy on
    and off.

Cons= Can't really back drag with wings out, poor pump placement and hose
    routing, poor electrical set up, headlights only let other people see you, parts are a pain to order average down time 1-2 days for replacements.

I would stick with boss. I feel they have better customer service and far superior design.

5. dieselss

Your talking about dd blizzards right, cme?

6. Pestyspecial

Pestyspecial Junior Member

I guess the old adage applies - go with what you know. But, pricing plows in the area, Blizzard in general was considerably lower than Boss which sparked my interest. I've looked at both PH1 and DD's

7. dieselss

Well, I would say boss. But I love my blizzard.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Use the search feature on here and check out YouTube.