1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard plows vs f-series

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jbilliar51, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jbilliar51

jbilliar51 Junior Member

Hey guys so I've got 3 blizzard plows on a few of my trucks, and they keep breaking truck frames by the steering box. They're 2 12 f350s and an 05 f350. They all break in the same place, and even plating up the frame rail Doesn't solve the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a remedy?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ph1 blizzards? And what model?

3. jbilliar51

jbilliar51 Junior Member

Ph1? I know they are 8'6 11's.

4. dieselss

86"11 low pro? Or full size? 350 dually, or pick-up?

5. jbilliar51

jbilliar51 Junior Member

I just started working on these again I've been out of it a few years so I don't know a whole lot about them. As far as I know it's just a normal 8'6 11. And they're srw trucks. Just pickups.

6. dieselss

THOSE ARE WAY TO HEAVY FOR YOUR TRUCKS.
    The 8'6 11's are designed for f450-550 trucks only.
    You MIGHT be able to get away with the low pro on them but not the full size.

7. jbilliar51

jbilliar51 Junior Member

That's exactly what I told the owner but at least I know my thinking is right. Thank you. I'm gonna try to talk him into taking them off and putting on boss v's

8. dieselss

Or just get 810s instead. If you can find them.

9. jbilliar51

jbilliar51 Junior Member

That'd work too I'd I can track them down around here. He's dead set on those 8-11s cause he can get lots done fast but at the cost of destroying $60k trucks. Just gotta make him see that. The 05 is beyond repair I'm gonna have to find a frame. The 12s are both cracked on both sides