1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard plows and PLOWSITE

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PINEISLAND1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Well, we bit the bullet, and signed on the dotted line for two new 810's ! We had a sub running one last year, now this year another sub, and two of our own trucks will have them. I am looking forward to giving them a good test .

Holland Snowplow and Supply, our big Blizzard dealer here, is having a big open house this weekend. Tonight I got to talk to Curt from Blizzard again, as we did at the SIMA show in Buffalo. He was very happy to say that they are now becoming a SPONSOR of PLOWSITE, and they realize the contribution that we have made at this site to their sales !!

As usual, I was very impressed with the company, and its people, and I am sure I will be just as impressed with the new 810 on my Dodge :cool:

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Congrats on the new iron Pinesland :drinkup: I also purchased a blizzard due mainly to this site and have been very happy with it so far. Glad to hear that they are recognizing this sites contribution to their company payup .

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I gues now all they have to do is get more dealers in the area .I read that they redesigned how the pistons are serviced and that the blade will not get frozen in the in or out postion is that true?

4. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I too, just purchased my second Blizzard 810 and third overall plow from Blizzard. I remember when my dealer first talked of carrying them people were not talking to positive about them here but I went ahead and tried one. Shortly after using them I tried to give all the feedback and positive comments I could on this board and in general, and sense that time it seems most everyone has come to accept them as a new more efficient tool for all of us.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Tom, :drinkup:

Here to you guy. Good job on the plow's. I've know for a while about the sponsorship being on the way but now you let the cat out of the bag. The people at Holland are great and you'll enjoy the plow's.

The new design gives only one cyl per wing and the hoses are base mounted so service is a breeze. The Icing issue what never that big a thing when the plow's saw a little tlc or an occasional carwash. You know when the big hangers are falling off the truck it's time to give both a bath.

The new slide box design has a V in the center to allow anything to push out as the wings come in.

Again, Congrats Jerre

6. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Tom ,good choice on the 810s you will love them.payup

7. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

YIPPIE!:D

8. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Tom-

Congrats!

You're gonna love it!!!

9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

It surely is nice to see another good plow manufacturer joining Plowsite and become a sponsor. It will be a great contribute to Plowsite and I think that everyone will appreciate their support. Of course, Fisher and Western still are our proud sponsors of Plowsite. Even though I am a diehard Fisher guy, I would like to give a nice warm welcome to Blizzard for being one of Plowsite sponsors. :waving: :drinkup:

10. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Just picked up my 810 0n Thursday. I bought it because of what I learned from others over the years on this site. Look forward to using it. We have a great dealer in the Toronto area so service will be no problem at all. If all works well with this plow we will start switching all our V-plows to Blizzards:D

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Good luck with your new 810!:) Grab some pics of it when you get the chance!;)

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

What dealer are you using ? I'm thinking of a few new Blizzards and would like to check them out.

13. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Hi Chris
    Kooy Bros are the dealer for Toronto, I actually first introduced them to the Blizzard plows because of what I heard about on this site. Picked up my 810 on Thursday, look forward to using it.

14. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I went to the Fitchburg ,Ma. distributor on my way to a masters degree class I am taking ( three to go and I will be done ) . I finally saw an 810 . I was impressed with it . I think it would add to overall efficiency . The installed price was $4700.00 . Anyone want to comment if that is in line with others ? The problem is he only ordered 3- 810's for the season . So getting more would mean waiting for the next delivery to this area or pay an extra freight charge for "special delivery". That assumes that Blizzard hasn't sold out this seasons production . Seems like Blizzard builds only for the season . What do they do the rest of the year ? Maybe someting like Fisher did during the lean production years ?

15. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I too just bought a Blizzard plow from Kooy Brothers. But mine is the small 680 straight blade. They seem to be a very nice dealership. They have all the plows on display Blizzard, Western, Fishers

16. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Blizzard has plenty of plows. $4700.00 is right on the money. Does that come with the touch pad controller for that price? If your dealer is at all interested in your business, they should cover the freight! If not, call me. 573-875-2288. Especially if you pay up front. You will love the 810!

Bill

17. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

controller

It did come with the touch pad controller . The larger controller which I preferred was an option. The dealer did show me some problems ....If you have the wings extended while backing and catch a wall or wall like structure you WILL bend the wings so they don't retract . He had two well used older 810 there that visibly had that problem . So you do have to be careful not to cause that problem . He also explained that the latest model has 2 less hoses and even though the outer hoses have a different part # he said they are the same. He also explained the new single wing actuator cylinder. The power mount is slick and does have a few idiosyncrasies . i.e. dropping plow coming back with a couple inches of new pack snow height difference causes an alignment problem (same with my Fisher ). He was very fair pointing out the positives and possible negatives with the plow . The sign of a good dealer .
    Bill

18. Santo

Santo Banned

Re: controller

The wings dont retract , they bend? What a feature.

19. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Santo,

I was looking for a smily that was getting smacked upside the head but couldn't find one so just visaulize it .

You know you want a blizzard, esp after I get mine.

Mark

20. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Mark did you go check one out yet?It will be a early christmas present to yourself:D