1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mreinke, Oct 29, 2004.

1. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

I need to change the fluid in my blizzard plow. What type of fluid does everyone recommend to use.

Thanks

2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Not sure what to use in a Blizzard.
    I use Automatic Transmission Fluid in my Westerns, ATF+3.
    Check with your owners manual dealer to be sure.
    Maybe Blizzards website has some info???

Just a thought,
    Mark K

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I use Boss fluid. I've heard of alot of guys having the atf freeze on them in the winter.

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have been using aircraft hydralic fluid in my plows. Supposed to be the best for cold operation. I have had zero problems in 7 seasons. Never been changed since new.

5. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

Where do you buy aircraft hyd.fluid?

6. I recommend using BLIZZARD fluid. Part # 63070, or in a pinch, try using Meyer Hydro fluid ( any auto parts store should have it ). :blush2:

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I got it from my plow dealer, thats all he has been suppling to his customers for years.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

For all the guys using ATF fluid, if you use the synthetic it will much better in the extreme cold.