1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow update

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Dec 2, 2002.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Well guys, and grrrrl, as you can see from my post (new truck new dent) I've had the chance to plow a decent sized storm with my 810 and put a hole in the bed. As far as the plow is concerned? Unbelievable! love it. Could'nt imagine going back to a straight blade. The only problem I've had is after plowing wet heavy snow and going home the temp went down to 9 degrees at night and the next morning the wings did'nt want to extend. No problem I just found a slight difference in hight between the pavement and the concrete scale and caught the wing on each side on it. Not enough to trip the plow, just enough to rattle its cage slightly and poof wings unfrozen. Plow is strong, scrapes incredible, and backdrags great. Now if I can just stop denting up a new truck I'd be doing something. As for the 2001 f-250/5.4 gas I have to say its the best truck I ever owned, love it.:drinkup: :D :drinkup:
  2. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Glad to hear of yet another professional contractor enjoying the time saving benefits of the BLIZZARD 810 POWER PLOW!!!

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Next time check into your local carwash and give the rig a bath after the wreck. Hit the plow too in the slide box and you'll be trouble free. Plowing slush and Ice mix is the same as with a straight blade. It coats everything. Keep the plow down and the snow flying.

Rob good to see you on line.........Jerre
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It will only get better as you become accustomed to the controls. You'll be home with your feet up sippin' the suds while the doubters are out bustin' their....:drinkup:
  5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

How does the 810 compare to the vee plows? I went from a straight blade to a MVP and cut my time by 1/3. Can you save more time with the 810? My nearest dealer is a hour away.
  6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Pelican since you have 2 new plows witch one hooks up the easiest the snow king or the blizzard?
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I never had experience with the V plows, but one advantage of the Blizzard over them is the canted forward wing, it reduces the amount of windrow spillage dramatically! Combine this with the 10' width and you're moving serious snow!

I can't really say if the scoop function carries more or less than the Vs.
  8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

By far, the Blizzard, my hook up time is down to less than a minute! I think the only one that might be easier is Western's new set up.
  9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

One advantage of a V....

Is piercing through a drift or windrow. Or simply breaking trail through a heavy 2-3' snow. A V will keep you centered and allow less hp and traction to do the same work. The Blizzard is real nice. May just be my next plow, but the Boss V is great for the above reasons. The tripping of the BLIZZARD would be far superior to the BOSS! And the 10' swath would be great in those light 4-6" snows!