1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow Undercarriage Mount

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Purple-Eagle, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Purple-Eagle

Purple-Eagle Junior Member
    from Buffalo

I have found a Blizzard undercarriage mount model number for my truck (2005 Expedition) with mounting instructions. Model # 31193. Local dealer found no listing for it and after 2 calls to him I still have not heard what he found from the Factory. Any Blizzard guys out there that can find this mount for me.
    http://www.blizzardplows.com/pdf/31193_64007.pdf

2. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

not a blizzard wiz but look at a mount for a f-150 SHOULD be the same...I think they are the same chassis

3. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

I thought the same thing but have not been able to get anyone to confirm it. I would hate to buy the mount and then find out it doesn't fit

4. Wallace

Wallace Member

That mount has been discontinued due to weight issues...
    If you can find that mount out there it more than likely will bolt right on but remember Blizzard will take no responsibility...
    THis mount will only work with the older power hitch 1 plows.

5. Wallace

Wallace Member

I found ya one if ya want it your looking at $450 plus shipping
    Rick
    570-689-7494

6. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

What are the older power hitch plows. Anything I can get now ?

Currently have a Hiniker that I wanted to transfer over but can't get a truck mount for it. I saw the Blizzard mount for the truck and would change over if that is all I could get for the truck.

7. Wallace

Wallace Member

They are switching everything over to the Power Hitch 2 and there may still be the old style in dealers inventory or they may even have some left at the factory.

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

mount is still avail for the truck wouldnt put too big of a plow on it

9. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

WHat plow would you recommend for this year Expedition ? Are you a dealer ?

10. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

no bigger than a 7.6 cause of weight

11. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

yes i am a dealer and it was made by blizzard and discontinued by dd go figure try storks or I could try to piece one together

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Beam, where are you a dealer at? Storks is right around the corner from me. He has alot of stuff, little grumpy though.

13. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

How about a 720LT. Too small for this vehicle. Is it a Power Hitch 1 ?

14. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

pittsburgh storks has about everything

15. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

720 lt is a bit small not sure would have to check in the old books and see what was recomended

16. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

I'm not using it commercially just for personal uses. A couple of driveways. Give up 4 inches of blade for 100 lbs seemed right sense they don't even want a plow on this truck.

17. Mr. Plow 89

Mr. Plow 89 Junior Member

Forget the rest. If you want quality, get a Boss plow. 7'6" standard duty will do just fine or else you could run a 7'6" Sport Duty Poly on the Ford Expedition.

18. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Weight issue on front axle assembly, due to body style, same deal with the extra cab pickup the sport or homeowner series of plow or like was mentioned 720LT or the smaller series ( Height wise) of Snowway units. ( plastic blade not recommended, busted it up last year, wearing 14ga stainless now extra 12 lbs over the plastic and was a tad cheaper than a replacement factory plastic) Timbrens are needed up front.

19. candyapple

candyapple Junior Member
    from SSM

i also am in need of a mount if anyone can help me out.. i bought a used 2003 blizzard straight 8'...complete.. but the mount will not fit my truck.. i need a mount for a 99-2001 dodge ram 2500 Quad 4x4..i believe if i done my research right i need a 32013 mount.. but bejiggered where i can find one..

20. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member