1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard plow owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowGodFather, Mar 7, 2003.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

BTW how is your plows doing?

Now, I am looking for suggestions on going about assembling a spare parts kits for if/when I get a few Blizzard plows.

What are things to look for also?

What are things that broke?
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

repair kit

The only thing I have broken is a plow edge hitting a manhole cover pretty hard.

I would include all the basic things any other brand kit includes, ie solenoid, spring, pins, maybe a hose or 2, I think 2 different size hoses would get you by, maybe a relief valve/solenoid, but I think that would prob be more than you would want to do in the field.

3. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

lgf/ sgf -I have had no problems with my 8611 but I have only 2 storms with it on my f450. 1 - 24"-28" 2nd 3-4" I love the plow and it is great -now I need to pickup more parking lots. Joel
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

My biggest problem has been with the hose seats, they tend to crack easily. I'd recommend a to keep a few of these on hand, although half of them can't be cosidered for field repair, pretty intricate work required.

I listed all the repairs I've made on my "Blizzard plow report" thread.
  5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Pelican, can you post a pic of those "seats", kind of lost me on what they are.

I am thinking fittings, or manifold.
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The hoses have flared swivel fittings and the flared seat is very weak. I've has two split so far, over the summer I may pull them all off and have new ends put on. I'll try to get a photo.
  7. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Hey Godfather I have a Blizzard 810 on my 03 GMC 2500HD and I am Located in St. Louis.

Give me a call at 314-614-2100 leave message and I will call you back.

I would be glad to show it to you.

Also I can get Blizzard Plows.