1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard plow on a 2wd F350?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lawn plus snow, Nov 17, 2009.

1. lawn plus snow

lawn plus snow Junior Member

I am a new Blizzard dealer. I have a customer that wants to put a plow on an '08 F350, super cab, diesel, dually. It's 2WD though.

Using Blizzard's power match on the website, no plow is compatible with a 2WD. Even Blizzard's tech support guy says it's not supported and he couldn't give me any info on getting a plow to fit this truck.

I know that this truck is not ideal for plowing, but if a customer wants to put a plow on his truck, there should be a way to do it.

Stiffin the front end? Will a mount kit from a 4X4 fit this 2wd?

Maybe an install on this truck just really is a bad idea?

Thoughts anyone?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Bad idea? Yes
    Can it be done? Yes

Should a dealer accept responsibility and liability and install one? NO :dizzy:

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Dealer can install one.... What liability would they have??? As long as it doesn't go over FAWR.

4. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Sell him a power winch too to pull himself out of snow banks!! :jester:

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

it should mount up no problem will need weight in the rear i have a dodge 4x4 and only plow in 2wd less damage to truck and way less to curbs and grass:laughing:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

He will be over with that truck and plow.