1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard plow oil.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Grassman09, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Where can one buy the oil in bulk like 5 gallon pails. I have seen just plow oil not blizzard oil around. I also found a dealer selling anti foaming blue aircraft hydro oil which I believe is close to the blizzard oil. 5 gallon pail was $99.00

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Brands not going to matter

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sure will if the plows are under warranty

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I have Blizzard oil and it's BLUE. Came in a 2 gal. jug.

5. Grassman09

Naw these are all old blizzards except one full size 8611 but its a year old and im the 2nd owner.

Just buy it from your local dealer or what?

6. WIPensFan

Yes I bought it from my dealer.

7. Grassman09

I have too many plows to service to buy from them. The dealers up north here rape us. Repalceing all the hoses on my 8611. Talked to a friend/dealer he said the hoses would be $300 if i bought from him. Bought them for $100 from angelos supply in Michigan. Made by buyers go figure.

8. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

Have you tried going to a hydraulic shop. They would buy different oils by the barrel. Maybe they can help. not sure what they would be charging though. I had a shop plumb up my salter one year, did a nice job.

9. WIPensFan

My dealer makes his own hoses. It's nice because you need a certain hose, and he makes it right there.

10. Grassman09

I still think its cheaper to buy online. I paid $70 for a 4' section for my Horst plow on my tractor. The hose is cheap its the fittings. I do not feel like pulling all the hoses of my plow at the moment just to get copies made.

Naw most just have the standard AW32 that you get at walmart and would not have the blizzard oil let alone aircraft hydro oil. I think Esso makes a similar oil. Still looking.

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Why not get your oil from angelos while ordering other parts they sell it by the quart , gallon , or bucket. I just picked up a gallon of their blue angelos "house brand " oil while I was in there the other day. It will be going in our 2 blizzard speed wings. Oil is oil it doesn't matter what brand just what the rating is . I have used "plow" oil from the auto parts store, dealer, tsc and it has all worked fine. Just read the label and dont mix different oils.

12. Grassman09

Looks like that is what I am going to do. Not much locally in the quantity I want. Can't be that expensive to ship it to my address in buffalo with my hoses I'm ordering from them.

13. msm63

msm63 Junior Member