1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow LT760 ... no power ?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Nov 27, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Basically i ve installed an LT760 (not a LT7600), on a 2010 FOrd F150 FX4. I basically hooked up everything correctly, its not the first time installing a blizzard plow.

Basically i went to hook up today to make sure everything is working properly, and i hooked up but when i when to drop the hitch to drive my truck forward NADA no power, didnt hear hydraulics nothing.

I then basically walked away before i got upset and i cant think properly when im upset. Im wondering if its a fuse maybe.

Extra Info, not sure if it has any relevance but it has a light bar using a 3 port isolation module.

Joystick powers on, has trackpad when its turned on green LEDs light up

2. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

can anyone point me in the right direction? what to look for...

3. gbtl

gbtl Member

are the switches is the correct position? like plow switch off to use controller or controller off to use plow switches?

4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

switches from trackpad?

5. gbtl

gbtl Member

the hand controller and the controls on the A-frame.

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

power hitch (left on controller), toggle switch beside hydraulics on plow Nothing. right for power on controller nothing on plow .

someone told me the trackpad might be locked by previous owner with a code, emample up, down, left, right

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

sounds like you are explaining two different plows is it ph1 or ph2

8. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

not sure thats what someone told me.

Basically i know theres the LT760 and LT7600. Mine is the LT760 and its and older model so it must be the PH1

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

if the controller is on the lights will light up check the inline fuse red wire on main harness where is it pluged in to

10. gbtl

gbtl Member

PH1 does not have the security feature. what controller do you have?

11. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Bad ground coming from plow will leave you high and dry every single time. Check the ground to ensure it is clean and tight. Then do the same with the power. Next check all the pins in the harness where the vehicle harness meets the plow. Quite often the plow side harness will have pins missing in it, especially older ones that have not had dielectric grease on a regular basis. These pins tend to rot off due to corrosion. A missing pin = a new harness or a bypass made. Check the main power relay to ensure you have power in and out of it. If you do not have a meter, get one.

12. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Trackpad

all grounds are to battery should be good, ill double check, i always use dielectric grease but i bought this plow used so who knows what previous owner did.

main power relay ????? there is no relay, ccould this be the same problem as a previous plow i purchased owner forgot to give the relay cause they thought it was part of the vehicle.

or were you talking about the solenoid ?

13. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

solenoid!!!!

14. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

is there lights on on the controller

15. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

yes PROBLEM SOLVED BAD GROUND

16. puredreamz