1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow for Explorer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Emstaxi, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Does anyone currently have a Blizzard Plow, Western, Fisher, etc. mounted on an Explorer/Mountainer? I have a S..bear and need to upgrade...getting tired of constantly changing anlges. I'm getting mixed reviews on the Homesteader and Suburbanite.

I'm new to the business and have a few residentials and a small parking lot.

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

I have a homesteader mounted on my 2002 explorer, it is a great little plow. I have about 300 hours of use on it and I have never had any problems problems with it.

internet pictures 055.jpg

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I recently installed a Blizzard 6'8" on a Nissan Frontier and to date he is a happy camper. Should serve well on yours then.

4. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I have the 680 Blizzard plow mounted on a 2000 Chevy Blazer. Its a very nice plow little plow. I would go with the joy stick instead of the touch pad. I find it very hard to operate without having to look down at the pad.

5. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Does the Eplorer hold up with the beating of plowing? My brother got an explorer and is thinking about getting a plow on it. But he is worried that it is an explorer and will not be able to handle it.

6. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Does anyone have a an older Western, Fisher, Meyers plow mounted on a 95 & up explorer? I'm trying to figure out if I can get mounts for it or if I need to fab some if i grab a used plow.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

you should try a 6 1/2 foot snoway snowplow. they are light and hold up well:)

8. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

the explorer is doing fine, the plow weighs less then 300 pounds so there isn't much weight to beat up the explorer, it also trips forward so any pressure strong enough to cause damage to the vehicle trips the plow instead of jarring the vehicle.

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Hey h_rider, goy any pictures of that Blazer? I'm thinking of putting a Blizzard on my 97 Jimmy but I'm wondering what it looks like.

10. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I don't have any pic's right now. But I will take a few for you in the morning.

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

12. sport-trac

sport-trac Junior Member

How is the plow still holding up?? I am looking at the Suburbanite for my 2002 Sport Trac, and wondering if it is worth it???

Thank you,

James

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't think an Exploder could hold up with the beating of everday driving!

14. ExplorerPlow

ExplorerPlow Junior Member

Hey guys I have a 97 Explorer, and have a snoway ST90 mounted on it, its taken quite the beating, and has held up very well here are some pictures

[​IMG]

15. ExplorerPlow

ExplorerPlow Junior Member

Another look from the drivers window

[​IMG]

This was last years property that i plowed as a sub contractor, and yes the explorer did quite a bit at this one.LOL never had a problem. Believe it or not this was our first Snowfall of the season and that was NOV 23. If you have any questions let me know.

Chris