1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow Demo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 810formy2500, Sep 3, 2004.

1. 810formy2500

810formy2500 Junior Member

I have been reading plowsite for about 2 years and I have learned a lot of great info from everyone here. I have noticed that there have been a lot of quesitons about Blizzard lately. I currently run a Blizzard 810 on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. I love the plow and have only had one problem, not enough snow to push.

I was just at my dealer today, and he is having a Blizzard Demo Day on Friday Sept 10 from 11-5pm EST. My truck and plow will be there, as well as the full line of Blizzard products. He is located in Northern VA. I have attached a flyer if anyone in the area is interested in seeing the plows. I am not a dealer, but I just wanted to give everybody in the area a chance to have some of their questions answered.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

We also will be having a BLIZZARD PLOW Open House, Thursday September 30th, from 11am-3pm. Food, fun,and prizes. Come see the full line up of Blizzard Plows on numerous array of different vehicles. Come see a BLIZZARD model 680LT on a KUBOTA RTV900 !!!!!!

Everyone's welcome.

3. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

810formy2500-
    got a quick question for ya. Was wonder if your truck is completely stock with that blizzard plow on it. Am thinking about putting one on there and have been trying to find someone with a similar truck who's got it. Do you know what your curb weight and then front axle weight dry is? also is your truck quad/reguler, and long/short? Thanks

4. 810formy2500

It is a 2001 quad cab with a short bed. I did upgrade the springs in the front to #46 & #47. The front axle is rated at 5200 lbs so it holds it fine. The DMV has my truck somewhere around 5500 cub weight I think. I will try to get some pics of the plow up and down so you can see the drop.

5. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Really. Your truck weighed in that light. I weighed mine at a scale where truckers ocasionally have to get weighed and mine came in around 7400 pounds. The only things that are heavy on that thing is the backrack that I put on there and then I have a toolbox that has things like tie downs. and miscellaneous things in there. I looked at curb weights through genos garage. They have all the truck weights for Dodge, and they show the curb weight being around 6787 lbs. Can you think of what would cause such a weight difference. Maybe I looked at the scale wrong. If the weight I saw at the scale is wrong then I can put the blizzard 810 on. Any ideas from you or anyone else would be great.

6. 810formy2500

I just checked my emisisons certificate from the inspection shop. It has my truck listed as an empty weight of 5750. I also have the 360 gasser engine, which is a lot light than the diesel. I don't think you would have a problem with the 810. The shop I go to has put them on a bunch of different 3/4 ton trucks, and even on a fully loaded Exscursion.

7. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

810formy2500---

Was wondering if you ever got some pic's of your truck with the plow on it so I could see what the drop was . Thanks