1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow and Ford F 250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lazer Man, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

We are looking at purchasing a '97 Ford F 250 and want to know what I have do do if anything to add a Blizzard 810 to the front of this truck. Any of your expert advice will be greatly appreciated.

Bob:D :D

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

You could add some timbrens and extra leaf springs:)

3. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

If its a super duty, then I wouldn't do anything.

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I would upgrade the front springs to newer X code springs and leave the rest alone

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Since its a 97 it will have the TTB, you should add timbrens, an add a leaf will throw off the camber quite a bit, and unless you have a real good alignment shop near you, the truck may never drive straight again. I know shims are in order to try and keep the tires from wearing the outside edges. With out timbrens, when the plow is raised, the inside of the tires will wear from the axel rotating iward and upward.
    Dino

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I thought 97 they went to strait axle, or was that 350's only?

7. plowking35

from SE CT

97 was the last o the older style trucks, 99 was the first of the Super duties, no 98 model year
    Dino

8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Actually all superduties were produced as 99 models. They did however produce 98 old body style fords.

Geoff

9. plowking35

from SE CT

Geoff, werent they still called 97's tho. I have never seen a 98 F 250/350 truck. When I was shopping in late 97/ early 98, my choice was either a 97, or wait for the SD in 99
    Dino

10. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Hmmm kinda hard to remember now. However I am like 99% sure they did do a short run of 98s because the 99 super duties were not really released till Feb of 98 if i remember correctly.

However, Dino you may be correct, they may have just over run the 97s.

Geoff

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

There was no 98 model year of the F-250 HD or F-350s, they were introduced as 99s. The 150 and 250 were available as 98s.

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

I wouldn't put a Blizzard on it.Those TTB front ends don't like plows to begin with,let alone a heavy Blizzard.Convert it to a solid axle,and then put whatever you want on it.

13. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Like Wyldman said,no way would I put a Blizzard on those trucks. That front end is very weak.I have seen many of those axles broke, from the weight of the plow.