1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Plow and Ford 250 Super Duty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lazer Man, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Another question from me. We didn't get that '97 F 250 due to the axle probs you all warned us about, thanks for all your help. We did purchase a '99 F 250 Super Duty and are going to put the 810 on this truck. I've done searches on this and I'd like to know whether to just add a spring to the front or is the better choice the X springs from Ford . Whats the difference between the two springs if any? Will the additional springs cause a change in the ride and handling of the truck? I know the experts on this site have the right info and thanks for helping out in advance.

Bob:D :D
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Have run both and installed both. I prefer the add a leaf for a 3 or 4 spring front leaf. Lifts the truck and levels it out. Little bit stiffer ride but it is a truck after all.