1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Parts ?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by abbert55, Dec 29, 2007.

1. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Does anyone know if Western dealers are or will be able to obtain Blizzard parts? Seems they are all members of the same church now just in different pews:blush2 My dealer is located 2.5 hours away. I know long distant relationships don't usually work out;). I live in N. Indiana where the Lake effect is good but the permacloud is bad. This is Meyer/ Boss country and I have a Western dealer just 30 miles away. Would like to save some gas. Any ideas, Thanks.
  2. schuitb

schuitb Member

Have you tried calling them yet? Ask them if they plan on selling blizzard plows too.. If they know that they will get more business with more product avail. then they might expand a little bit.. Let them know that they will be your dealer and see what happens..

Good luck
  3. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Thanks, I"ll give them a call. I didn't know if there was a DD ruling that was exclusive to existing dealers or not. I mean you are either a Blizzard or Western dealer but not both. Thanks:salute:
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Abbert, where in N Indiana are you, I am N of SB in Michigan.
  5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Western dealer do not automoticly become Bilzzard dealers. Western,Fisher, & Blizzard are all different networks.

Give Rushing Snow & Ice a call. Find them on the Blizzard site dealer listing. BE ADVISE DD is shippng BLIZZARD parts as if they could care less if Blizzard feel off the planet. Seems like all their efforts are behind Wide out and XLS. Once all the red and yellow buyer get thier share of expandables Blizzard is going to get scraped by DD. Just what thing look like.

Ron G.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  6. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

John, I live in Goshen, About 35 miles S.E. of S. Bend. I know about West Star in Dowagiac but have been told by him he would not be able to order untill next may. I really felt he didn't want my business after talking to him. So I contacted D&G in Mason and they were very helpful in getting the SW860 in about two weeks. Thanks, Al

BLIZZARD JC Junior Member

Blizzard is not dropping off the map we are working with issues that we currently have, I know we are seaching for more and better dealers. The blizzard line will only get stronger in the future.
  8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I use Weststar for local dealer, they are only about 15 minutes from me. I believe they get better pricing on group orders rather than 1-2 units at a time. Also, I know shipping a single unit is a deal killer from Johnson City, TN.

There is another dealer near Valpo as well, IIRC.

If there is anything you need in a pinch, I am getting quite a collection of stuff here as well. Get enough posts so you can use PM. I think 10 posts or so.
  9. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up John and the offer for help, What extra parts would you keep on hand besides the normal things like hoses and a solinoid? Do you recommend the emergency kit thats available?
  10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I have never bought the emergency kit. I have, however, assembled my own. A couple pins and clips, spare solenoid and power hitch switch, extra fluid, a few hoses.

However, my favorite, though seldom used, emergency kit is a spare plow in the garage.:)

Pretty much if you have it you won't need it.
  11. 4evergreenlawns

Not sure who you are but you seem to be talking like some that is representing DD and/or Blizzard if that is that case you are full of it. The wait time on parts and than having to pay hundreds of dollar of over night ups shipping on item having been on order for 4 - 6 week is sometime I NEVER expereinced untill DD purchase Blizzard.

Please do not get on here and tell me things are all fine and you are looking for better deales when the dealers in my are have flat out stated they WILL NOT stock Blizzard parts and Blizzard did not want to deliver plows to the market due to an OVERSTOCK of plow already in the dealer network.

If you are someone that can make things happen give me a call 630 675-2939. I have nearly $40,0000.00 invest in Blizzard plows and I would like to know exactly why it took me 4 week to get 8611LP slide boxes and I have been waiting 3 weeks for a Left 810 Wing.

Ron G.
  12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ron, sorry to hear about the slidebox, I had the same issue from my dealer. I did happen to find one and have it in hand in 2 days, though.

FWIW, according to Blizzard JC's location, he must be working for the Blizzard plant in TN. Also, it appears that Fisher is in the same boat with parts availability severely lacking.

Does Eric or another dealer have either part that could be used off an unsold plow?
  13. 4evergreenlawns

I got the parts just took forever. I keep a 810 as back up so I was not without a plow but that does not take away from the fact of WHY should it take so long to get parts.

Eric has been doing great with the parts he has but with the two larger dealer in our area (RA ADAMS and TIM WALLACE) refusing to stock Blizzard part. Eric's inventory got wipe out fast. So even with a large re-stock order DD is not getting the parts to the dealers that WANT to keep inventory. At one point Eric was told they were not even sure if they had any 8611LP slide boxed in stock they might be BACK ORDERED. HOW can that be possible. Maybe all the time spent to bring WIDE OUT and XLS to market left no time to produce Blizzard parts???? No dealer WANTS to sit on inventory. Even though I know I might ue 1,000 yards of mulch in a season do I want to stock it??? NO!!!!!!! That is what suppliers are for and DD sucks at it, they did when I owned Western plows and they do even worst now that they own Blizzard.

The slide boxes were repaired last season and I am sure they failed due to not haveing the TSB as it was a late released thing and I knew the boxes were going to need to be replaced. The redesign of the blocks in the new slide boxes seems to be much thicker and wider. I have not seen any issue with the new LP on my F-550 BUT I am running that truck.

Plow are going to break and I know this I just do not feel like I should have to stock parts to keep my business operating. Not like I have a 6.0 PSD in a create just waiting for one of the 5 I own to break down. That is Ford's job.

I just read your post about the new HD mounts for 450-550 so I am going to check and see which I have the 3 or 4 bolt.

Gone are the days when I could call Blizzard and get parts direct shipped to my front door over night. DD is really sticking it to Blizzard owners. At this rate I can tell you I would seriously consider anything other than a DD product should I ever need to switch plow brand and I am as about brand loyal as they come but as I have proven with my opinoin of SnowEX you one get one chance to take $$$ out of my pocket by leaving my business without what is needs to service clients and DD is really close at this point.

Ron G.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  14. koko1485

koko1485 Junior Member
    from Indiana

blizzard parts

i found a dealer called complete hydraulics out of either franklin or franfort indiana
    there ad is in the auto and rv publication they say they stock blizzard parts
    ON HAND might be worth a call, I,m getting ready to call them myself unless i can trade my 810 for a western V.. its easier to service western in my location(marion,IN.)
    good luck
  15. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Boy OH Boy, I think I will hang on to the Ole Meyer for a backup after readiing these posts. Just look what I started :(
  16. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I thought that too, but I keep two spare hitch pins in the truck and last week I broke one while plowing. Went to back up and the plow would only raise just a little on the right side. Got out and looked and the left hitch pin was gone :angry: good thing I have 2 extra pins sitting in the cab, installed the new pin and was back running in lest then 5 minutes. Now I need to get the pins for the angle cylinders as they are bent and might break soon. Looks like they are 3/4" x 5"

Wonder if I could use a longer pin and go through the 3rd hole in the bottom plate?
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  17. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I would try a harder pin. If there is a built in safety fuse (read designed weak link) it surely would not be in the pins. The pic looks like just stress and not shock had bent the pins. These are available at places like TSC or other farm supply dealer. Just my opinion. It's worth just what you paid for it :)
  18. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Kent are you sure the pin broke? Or it fell out?
  19. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker Member

try Pro image in manchester nh I needed the arm that pulls it onto the truck and they took one off a new plow that they had there in stock so i could get back up and running and i didn't even buy the plow from them. I needed a cutting edge and they had it in a day. Great service!!
  20. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Do you know if Eric has received the shipment of 810 cutting edges yet? I have been waiting a month now. I know its not his fault its damn DD! I wold like to have my 3rd blade back sometime this season.