1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard or boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowsniper1, Dec 3, 2006.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

going to be buying a new f550 4x4 diesel auto w/dump sould i put a 8611 or a 10' v or another plow iam going to run whatever has the best response

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I like Meyer plows. Check out their new Super V.

It boils down to service in a lotof cases but Im not impressed with the service you get on a lot of the plows.

Funny thing. All this talk about Blizzards. I have never ever seen one on a truck here in SE. Michigan.

I mean Never.

Its all Meyer, Western and Boss.

3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard is still pretty new. I have noticed a bunch more around me. I just got the 810 havent got to use it yet. The thing is a beast though. I take that back. I graded a driveway for a customer. The damn tractor bucket got stuck in the up position, so I went to the next best thing. It did a pretty impressive job though. The Blizzard attaches so eaily its amazing. The Boss you have to be aligned perfectly or you will fight with it.
    But like said before Dealer base is what your looking for. The nearest Blizzard dealer is 40 mins from me. So I just hope nothing goes wrong. On that note all I heard from 2 years of research is that the blades they make are built like tanks. Blizzard is my pick.:gunsfiring:

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get the Boss:waving:

But first how far is the Boss & blizzard dealer from you?

Give each of them a call or stop by their shop and see which dealer you like the best, which one is going to give you the best support.
    Are they going to be there when you need them...

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I think that you should go to your local Blizzard and Boss dealers and spend some time there, look at very part of the plow. Thats the best thing to do, not to go off what everyone else thinks you should do.

8. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Why not Hiniker

I'm not sure why Hiniker is not big in the north, but I love mine it hooks up way easier than a boss or myer and is just awesome to plow with payup payup payup

9. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

If you are looking for productivity I would go with the Blizzard.
    Very heavy duty, easy to hook up and runs circles around my Westerns.

10. snowsniper1

i run boss 5 boss v-blade right now 4 9.2s ,and one8.2 ,3 rt3s and ,2 rt2s love them no complants durring storms my boss dealer is open 24 hours for parts or service iam in lansing mi the boss dealer is about 8 mi away from me.the blizzard dealer is in mason thats about 15 miles so not to far they also provide the same services. i just hear all the hype about the blizzards. 2 poly and 3 steel thanks

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

It all comes back to dealer support, like said before. I only have Western, Meyer, and Boss to choose from around me and I went with the one with the best dealer support, and ease of use, ease of attaching and detatching, etc. That choice was Boss, and they have a new lifetime customer out of me, because i'm just that happy!;)

12. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Attaches easy is a understatement! I had a Sno-way and it was hard to hook up, even with it being a light plow. I love my Blizzard 810. With the Sno-way I had the down pressure option because the plow was so light, the front of the truck would only go up a bout a inch or two with the down pressure on. The Blizzard weight in nice, don't need down pressure!

My dealer said they are selling more and more every year. I have only seen a few blizzards here in Eastern Iowa, but bet that will change soon. To bad, because it does give you a edge over the other guy, makes you faster.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  13. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Sure, if you don't get aligned up or the plow is not on level grounds, but you have that with any plow! The hardest part is driving into the plow and making sure every thing aligns up right. I use a telescoping rod with magnetic bases and 2 1/2 in. yellow ball and have it sit on the plow and then sight the left headlight on the tower with the yellow ball on the plow. It works great! just drive in until the yellow just touches the top right corner of the light. No more problems aligning the truck and plow.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  14. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

No Fisher in the area, huh? Been positive experiences for 30 years

We see a lot of Boss plows around here, though Blizzard have been showing up more too.

15. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

go with a boss i love mine. the new boss's have a liner up do hicky which makes hook up allot easer.:salute:

16. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I hope nobody is deciding on a plow by how easy it is to hook up. :jester:

17. matts lawncare

matts lawncare Junior Member

we have boss and western 8.2 v 8ft pro plus with wings 9ft pro plus with wings and a 9ft superduty boss with the new boss wings either one of the 9ft plows i think you would be happy with on that truck so far we have been very happy. with adding the wings it probably makes the plow pretty close to a blizzard and the wings are very easy to take off

18. firelwn82

19. firelwn82

But can you take them off from the inside of the truck?

20. snowsniper1

bumppppppppppppp