1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard on new style Chevy

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Monte, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Monte

Monte Junior Member

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone has installed a Blizzard on the new body style Chevy? My dealer has told me the wiring has changed? Any problems or advice before I begin installation? s it any harder to install or just the same as the old body style? I installed one last March, 2007 on a '07 Classic body. Thanks

2. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I just put one on a new GMC 2500. Now I understand that th Chev and GM have different wiring now so they are not the same trucks but the frames are the same and the unit off my 04 GM mounted right on. I had to do some patchwork for th headlights as I could not locate a wiring adapter for it

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yes, frames the same, wire harness is all new.

4. Monte

Monte Junior Member

Yes I just finished installing the plow and you do need new wiring.

5. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Do you have the Chev or GM?

6. Monte

Monte Junior Member

I have a chevy.

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I couldn't find a wiring harness light kit for my GM, I believe that the Chev and GM are different now. I am curious to see if you can buy one. Jerre gave me some pointers on cut and splicing so I was able to use my old kit and modified it. :cool: