1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard on a toolcat?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kirby ent, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Looking at the 810 SS. Is anyone using this setup? We do allot of small drives in condo areas, does it work good for back dragging?

Thanks Mike

2. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

810ss

I have a 810SS on a skid steer. its great... we also run 8611LP on out trucks, We just added a Cat 287B in which we put a truck side mount for the Blizzard plows on it and we can put any truck plow on it or its plow on any truck... When looking into the cost of these new the SS setups run 200 to 400 $$ more than a truck set up. ( I don't understand why )

We picked up a used 810 plow and all the mounts for $2200.. welded the push beam to a quick-attach plate.. ran the wires into the Cat and will use the Blizzard controller for the plow movement.. I have seen this setup on a friends machine and its the best way to go ( we think )

as far as a Tool Cat ? if you can get your required traction with the tires you have and you are OK with its speed and the way it turns ? you will be in great shape...

Good Luck

3. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

thanks allot. I think I am going to get one.