1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard of 77'

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 26, 2007.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Got these in an e-mail from my grandfather who live just outside Buffalo NY pictures are from the Blizzard of 77' My father lost a Chevelle in the storm as well and didn't find it till the spring thaw.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

a few more

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That is sick. I know I have some pics somewhere from the Blizzard of 78' in Providence. I will post them if I find them.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You just beat me to it with the same pixs. Fun time by all.:help:

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

It was in a forward they are from newspapers, I figured some people would get the forward but figured I would share anyways.

Anything close to that for this winter grandview? My family was saying the OCT 2ft storm was a mess.
  6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I love hearing my uncles stories about the blizzard of '78.. contracted state roads. He said the plows (including him) were hitting cars and didn't get in any trouble for it as they were completely covered with snow. I think he was driving a Brockway during that storm.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Actually some of those pictures are not from Buffalo but from Watertown NY, like the one with the blower. We actually got hit harder than Buffalo but got alot less media coverage. Here are a few more from up here.

barnes corners.jpg

Kellogg Hill.jpg
  9. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

ahh them were the days when snow was snow and flurries were flurries
  10. Acutabovesiny

Acutabovesiny Member

Where is the blizzard of 2007??????????????????????????????????
  11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yah, c'mon on the 30 year anniversary, we need a blizzard!
  12. jasf

jasf Member

On the Rochester news last night they said that the Majority of snow was actually caused by wind. They said that 12" was dropped from the sky & the rest was windblown from the frozen lakes? Erie & Ontario had snow packs of 3-5'. After the storm the lakes were clear ice. I was only 6 at the time & just remember a hell of a lot of snow!!!