1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Mount rubbing tires?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bankroll, Oct 25, 2009.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

i just installed a blizzard chassis on a 2007 f350, the front bar is fine, its the sides which rub when the wheels turn, everyone has told me that it should fit comming off a 2002 f250. Please tell me whats going on and what chassis i need. Thanks for any help gents

-B

2. bankroll

bankroll Member

Its a 8-10 plow

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

how big are the tires from stock ford tires dont rub from the factory with the mount

4. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

match shows the same chassis for both trucks

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

it is in the width of the tires

6. bankroll

bankroll Member

they say the mount is wrong even know it was just tore off a 02 f250, seems like the webbed back of the mount is in the way when the wheels turn. does the correct mount have a webbed back?

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

get some pics and what is the mount that you have

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

those should be 2 different mounts.

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The same mount fits, both mounts have webs. The 07 is coil spring and has a tighter turning radius. IF you are running over stock tires OR you have aftermarket rims you may see rubbing of the tires on the webs. You can adjust the turning stops on the axle like the guys did with the older trucks when they put on oversize tires. J

10. bankroll

bankroll Member

The f350 is stock with fx4 and the f250 had wider tires and looks like a larger mount,