1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard mount modification

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by zr900, Jan 26, 2012.

1. zr900

zr900 Junior Member

I have a 99 Chevy silverado and want to put a 760hd powerhitch 1 plow on it. I know there is not a mount for this truck so I am wondering what would be easier to convert the light duty mount for my truck or the hd mount B30042-1?

Anyone that has done this?

Thanks

Scott

2. zr900

zr900 Junior Member

bump back ttt

3. ctbman

ctbman Member

Did you get the mount issue figured out.If not and you want to make a trip to wi. we can make some for you.Im 30 miles north of the state line in oak creek.We build all kinds of crazy mounts.Its not snowing I might as well be welding.

4. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Have you tried the Blizzard Dealer in Grand Rapids? Ebling's

5. gbtl

gbtl Member

I may be wrong but isn't the power hitch 1 design different for light duty and heavy duty plows? I think they designed them different so you didnt put a heavy duty plow on a light duty truck.

6. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

yes they are diffrent they are close but they mount is just diffrent in width were they wont hook up

7. zr900

zr900 Junior Member

That is what I am trying to figure out!

Is it easier to modify the light duty mount to fit the plow OR

Is it easier to modify the HD mount to fit the truck?

8. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

that would be hard to say which would be easier I would try and modify the mount for the plow vs messing with the adaptor to the truck should just have to move the mounting wings apart some to get it work

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

They make a PH1 mount for your truck if it's a 1500 Silvarado. Mounts made all the way up thru the 09 model truck. J