1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard mount for Ford F750

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by PALS Landscapin, Dec 10, 2014.

1. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Hey cause I was contemplating on taking my 8611pp off my Ford f550and putting it on my F750. I seen these plows on the old GMC 5500 but not on the Fords. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Custom mount only.

And that's a lot of truck for that plow. I don't think it will hold up very well, I wouldn't do it, personally.

3. PALS Landscapin

How is that truck to much for that plow. The plow weighs 1500lbs. I have a Western 10ft on it now and have no issues. I'm just over the straight blades now due to the the time savings with the wings.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Break out the welder.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That plow is not designed for a truck of that GVWR, unless it is derated to 26 or 28K. The plow itself might withstand it, but the wings won't.

I've been running 8611's on trucks up to 26K GVWR and had an F750 with a 33K GVWR. I would have never run an 8611 on my 750.

Take it FWIW. It's your money.

6. PALS Landscapin

Its a 26k truck. I do commercial lots im not plowing highways.