1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Mold Board

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jhoser_2000, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jhoser_2000

jhoser_2000 Junior Member

HAS ANY ONE BENT THE MOLDBOARD OF A BLIZZARD ENOUGH TO WHERE THE BACK BRACING IS BENT FLAT AGAINST THE BOARD ONE OF THE GUYS I WORK FOR SAID IT HAPPEND TO HIS 8611

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

That is a big heavy plow. What was it on. Truck, loader?

3. jhoser_2000

on a 05 ford f350 powerstroke

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Wow. That is alot of plow for that truck. Surprised the plow bent and not the truck. Maybe he was going way too fast, or maybe he just caught something just right to do the damage. Possibly also, the plow had some defect. Pics?

5. Blizzard Plower

Blizzard Plower Junior Member
    from Il

I don't belive it.

1) he said/ she said

2) no description, no info

3) types like a 12 yo

4) 8611 don't go on F350's

5) He would of blown the tranny....LOL

6) If it is true, more likely opperator failure.

6. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

That sounds strange to me I have a Blizzard 810 on my 2004 Ford F350 diesel and have never had or heard of this. And to do that to a 8611 come on the plow weighs 1400 plus pounds its a beast.Im not saying its not possible but you would really have to hit something super hard. Also i would think the truck would be damaged to do that to the plow. Also the 8611 is made to be ran on trucks with a GVW over 14000 pounds. I also know several people who have 810 or 8611 who are really tough on them and have not had any problems with this or heard of any thing like this. Sorry to hear that but good luck with ur problem.
    Hope it all gets worked out.

7. jhoser_2000

The owner of the truck has already blown his trans, i have not seen it yet so i dont really believe it either goin to see on wed. because im looking for at an 810 for my 2500 chev and have heard nothin but good about them except there controllers are bulky

8. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

I think that the 8611 weighs more like 1700 lbs- one heavy mfer. I cant really see bending the mold board unless it was caught in an unusual area. I was in an accident with mine in Jan. t-boned an older (metal) crown vic at about 35+ mph and the mold board seems to still be good- even the a-frame look ok, EVERYTHING else including the truck are gone..............Joel