1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Model Year by S/N ... How old is my plow?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bliz&hinikerDLR, Nov 22, 2015.

1. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I know many of you out there want to know "What year is my Blizzard plow?" If you have the serial number off the blade, now you can find out.

Previously the only S/N list released was a master parts book around 2008. The book was hundreds of pages and I only had a paper copy. This is the first time I have seen this chart released by DD. It was included in this years SnowEx Service School book. The chart shows all the PH1 plow models built from 1999 until 2005. It also breaks down the serial number ranges to date your plow.

Despite what some of you believe, Douglas Dynamics purchased Blizzard around 2005 or 2006. However, the plows continued to be produced in Calumet, MI until the production could be moved to Johnson City, TN. IMO only plows produced in Calumet should be considered Pre-DD. DD serial numbers can be identified because the S/N starts with the date of manufacture and ends with the model number.

Another Blizzard myth to dispel is that only the 1999 model year plows used four cylinders with eight hydraulic hoses for the wings. As you can see in the chart, the double cylinder models were built into the 2002 model year.

Hope this helps other Blizzard nuts like me out there. And please post a pic if you have a really low S/N!

Attached Files:

2. Jakewebster

Jakewebster Junior Member

Really trying to figure out what year and model my plow is. Any help would be great thanks ! I do know it is a blizzard straight blade plow.

Serial- 2966
    Date code- Evo3 Rev:5
    Model # DB 1484