1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard makes things right, as long as you don't give in.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowDozers, Jan 5, 2006.

1. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Just got a call from my blizzard dealer, seems they sent two brand new wings for my plow. The dealer is going to put in a little bit of reinforcement for me and I'll get them installed after this storm passes over. The wings have washers already wealded that prevents them from extending too far. Hopefully this is the last *major* problem I have with this plow.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

It's a shame you need to acually do all this to make them fix their product.

3. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I think most of the problem was the buy out. I didn't hear any complaints until the day after I bought my plow. (figures huh?)

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, thats bullsh*t... :dizzy:

5. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

pressure on blizzard corp

I agree with having to be persistent and put pressure on them. When my new 800 was installed a few weeks back on my new Dodge, the upper attachment arms did not snug up against the frame rails as designed to absorb pushing shock. Blizzard sort of waffled on the problem. I had to bring it to a welding shop for fabrication and repair. Blizzard reimbursed me the cost though. But again, had to be persistent and make numerous phone calls with messages.

ED

6. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

I Had To Threatin Portsmouth That I Was Gunna Cancel My Credit Card On The 2 Blizzards I Bought. And Then I Got My New Wings And Even A Free Set Of Edges And Reinbursment For My Hydralic Fluid For All The Bullsht I Went Through. Nothin But Grief Since Day 1. Love The Plow When It Works

7. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

portsmouth Ford work quality

I too received little help from Portsmouth Ford. And, I've heard a ton of bad stuff about them and their installs of Blizzards. The reason I went there was because the only other choice I had for a Blizzard dealer on the south shore, Damian's in Avon, wanted about $4500 w/tax vs, $3000 at Portsmouth, so I made the trip and saved $1500.

And forget about asking another Blizzard dealer for help if you bought from Portsmouth Ford. I can see their point somewhat, but, isn't warranty work warranty work? Wouldn't Blizzard reimburse them for their time and labor? If I bought a Ford truck from Portsmouth Ford and it needed warranty work, I would certainly expect Quirk Ford or Chambers, or any other Ford dealer to happily do the warranty repairs since they are getting paid by the factory for their time and labor. They are still making money on the job.

Oh well, for the $1500 savings, I'll deal with a headache or two. Had the other guy not been so ridiculously higher ($1500!!), I would have bought from him. Just my 2 cents.

8. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

i hope its only a headache or 2 that you have becuase ive had to make 4 trips there in snowstorms mind you. time is money as every1 know thats what hank said in blizzards plow movie.... ha