1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard lock

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by karl klein, Mar 13, 2005.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i made a ock for my blizzard 810 and decided to share it with everyone. i wanted away to stop someone from pullingup and mounting it to there truck.
    the first pic is 3"x5"x1/4"angle iron scrap i had.

blizzard lock 001.jpg

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

second pic is angle iron cut to 30" long

blizzard lock 002.jpg

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

pic of first angle welded on that will slide over the outside gide

blizzard lock 003.jpg

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

pic of the other three angle guides the outer to slide tight to the ears on the mount and the inner two slide upagainst the inside bushings(these two probably were not needed but my first idea was a little different.

blizzard lock 007.jpg

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

here is a ring i had off a ditch witch that i welded on enable to chain it down if wanted

blizzard lock 009.jpg

6. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

one of the 3/4"x10" locks that will hold it on

blizzard lock 013.jpg

7. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

painted bright orange so people see it has a lock on it and installed i well get a pic tommorow of it upside down with the lock in it but they simply slide threw some holes in the angle iron pieces i welded on and right threw the holes for the hitch pins. the locks slide in from the outside and padlocked underneath real hard to get to to try to cut off

blizzard lock 011.jpg

8. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, nice work bud :drinkup:

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

nice job

Great work shame we got to lock up the plows because of some jerks wana get something for nothing. I got a great lock system here M18 or 9MM if needed. Its sucks we got to go thru all this just to keep our fams and employee's working. We got jobs why don't they get one.... :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

10. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

FERNALDUDE i here you i am a proud member of the nra and protect my family with a 45acp

11. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Thats some awesome Work!!

Have you considered getting a patent on this?Yes I am serious.That I think is one of the best setups I have ever seen.Really ought to think about a patent and marketing.If you dont want to can i use it and pay you royalties?I would apply for a patent today. :waving: :drinkup:

12. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey karl you must be a real welder cuz i see a chair close in every pic (LOL) :waving:

13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

You know I don't see very many Blizzards around Omaha do they sell a few at the local dealership? Its shame though that we have to protect our plows from being stolen. If its not locked they will figure out a way to take it. Heck a Friend of mine had a pick-up back up, a few guys jump out grab his basketball hoop, you know the ones on wheels filled with water. Load it into the truck and drive away. Next one he got he filled with concrete.. :rolleyes:

14. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

NASCAR FAN thanks for the complements.
    QMVA all truck sells them in town all though there are alot of people that don't trust them tom has not done me wrong before so i don't have a problem with him.

15. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

Very good looking piece, but...like's already been said, it's just too bad that something like that has become necessary. I'm in an area where there isn't much concern (yet) about things like that happening but I'm sure that time is coming, maybe just around the corner.
    I've also got an 810 and have fabricated some things for it too...snow deflector, wind deflector, light assembly strengthening.... It's a sweet plow as you probably know, but the bells and whistles for it aren't cheap.
    Anyway, your device shows a lot of craftsmanship. Nice work!