1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Lights

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JUSTBE, Sep 26, 2005.

1. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

I heard that the Blizzard lights are not mounted to the rest of the Blizzard plow. Is that true? If I drop the plow, the lights are still attached to the vehicle?

Thanks for any insight.

Brent

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Very true. The Light Tower stays with the vehicle when the plow is off, but the light tower weighs 19lbs. and is very easy to remove. That i believe is the only downfall for Blizzard.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have a picture of the plow off and the lights on ?

Thanks,
    - Eric

4. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I hope not that would suck. :confused: I was going to look at the 810 this Thursday. Can anyone show pics of this setup.

2005 F-250 Lariat Crew Diesel 4x4
    Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 305/70/17

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I'll have better photo's later. Here's kinda what the plow looks like off.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

And here's kinda how it looks on with the lights.

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

See the pull pin for the light tower removal in this picture???

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have the 760LT and at first I didn't like the idea of a seperate light tower. But it became a non-issue. If I want to drop the light tower it litterally takes 30 seconds and it's completely removed. It's no big deal, I certainly wouldn't let it hold you back from buying the Blizzard.

Buck

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Well said and well put.

10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

If you are going to let something like this sway you one way or the other. I say don't buy it. As for me i find it a piece of cake to remove. I think some people find the stupidest reasons not to get one. This one takes the cake. One suggestion i would make, and not thrilled about. If you buy 810 buy the light tower to the 8611 because i found on mine that with plow all the way up it blocked half the lights. I bought the 8611 light tower now no problem.

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I like that the lights stay on, you can drop the plow and leave the lights on. Kinna like if its gonna snow in a day or so again.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Also remember, the fewer times you plug-in and unplug these lights the less wear on them.

13. Kason & Riley

How about ground clearance with the lights on and wire hook ups ?I'm developer and builder and need as much clearance I can get. I would rather ask questions now than be disappointed. If I spend $5000 on something I'm going to ask questions stupid or not. I thought thats what this site is for.I appreciate the input you guys have given me .There are two people in my city of 60,000 that have blizzard I was told. Almost all westerns here.

Thank You :salute:

14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The light plugs come out of the grill. You should have the same if not more ground clearance as when you have the plow on or off. The lights are attached to the undercarriage.

15. Kason & Riley

Thanks Jon

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Like Jon said the connectors for the lights on the tower come out of the grill, at about the same height of the headlights on your truck. As far as clearance, the connectors will be a none-issue. The plow bracket that's bolted to the frame of your truck will most likely be the lowest point of clearance, and in comparing mine to some of the Westerns and Boss's, the Blizzard provides more clearance. Haven't compare it to any of the other brands so can't say.

Good luck on the decision.

Buck

17. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i like that the lights stay on the truck one Les thing to hook up when going out plowing. i just leave mine on during the winter months when summer comes the come off . :waving:

18. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

That is true

the blizzard lights can be removed by pulling two spring pins and un plugging the lights. then the whole light bar can be removed. the process takes about twenty seconds. A minor thing compared to the versatility of GETTING WIDE!!

19. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Center of push beam is supposed to be 12.5" above ground. I am a logger so belive me i know what you meen about ground cleance. Shouldn't have any problms unless you try to go off roading with it.

20. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

Thanks everyone for their input. purplebou I am so excited for this Thursday to go shopping the dealerships in Wisconsin for the lowest price on the blizzard 810. So far, all I have gotten is their sticker price of $4,385.00 for the 810. :redbounce Does anyone know if the dealers are allowed to sell it for a lower price?

Thanks again.