1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Light

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wls, Dec 2, 2004.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 2002 f-250, with a 810 blizzard, mounted, new this year. Must add great plow. But today I was heading out to do a cleanup, going down the drive, the headlights went out, switched to truck lights still nothing, could it be a solenoid, maybe one of the three mounted up toward the grill? The turn/parking lights work, also yesterday when out plowing, crew leader said the radio would go off for a short period of time when he would move the plow, wonder if this was related, thank god the lights did'nt go out last night. Any clues, before it goes to the dealer? thanks
  2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Take it straight back to the dealer that installed it. Sounds like it has a wiring problem causing an electrical malfunction.
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If it's under warranty let the dealer fix it. Sounds like your hot wire was fused into a circuit with the bayonet pin and expanded the female end in the fuse box. Could be burnt headlight relay now too.
  4. wls

wls Senior Member

update to above post, the headlights work on hi-beam only, I forgot to check that last nite, but still I'm on my way to the dealers.
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

The radio could be a normal prob. I dont think the 2 probs are related. You may be able to fix the radio by adding a 2nd battery...Rob
  6. wls

wls Senior Member

I already have 2 batteries, Diesel, but I was thinking along that line also, maybe taking too much juice. Anyways, took it to the dealer, found out it was a short in my drivers side plow light, and on a ford, they have seperate fuses for each light, for the low beams. So when it shorted out, it would blow the pass side also. If anyone has a problem, like this, find out what one is shorting out, and unplug it, put new 10 amp fuses and at least you will have one light to get home, Can't remember why he said the hi beams still worked, could get by with them also.
    Thanks for all the help. :)
  7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I thought you would have a answer :waving: