1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Light Upgrade

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Niteman9, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

So whats the latest in upgrades for the headlights on the Blizzard 810's.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Any kind you want to put on.

3. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

That was helpful do you feel better now?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely, since you never said what 810 you have. What's wrong with the lights you have now. Or how much yout willing to spend, I feel I answered accordingly to your vague post

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Hey John how you doing? I have put several sets of H IDs in the stock blizzard capsules and been satisfied for a cheap upgrade. If you want to spend more money I would go with the night saber 2s

6. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

OK I have a blizzard 810 they all came with basically the same crappy headlights. 6" X 4" sealed beams. A few years ago people were using Meyer light Sabers or the saber II. I was just wondering is there were some new lights people were using. If you upgraded you lights what did you use, how do you like them? I was looking for peoples experiences and what they all liked. Then I can look at the options and decide. Any one using replacements for the sealed beams in the original housings? Just looking at what options are out there.
    Thanks

7. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I have been good how have you been. You want to by your old plow back for parts or another project? LOL I just picked up another plow to replace it.

Any particular ones you have used. How do the the Night Saber II's install. Just replace the plugs on them or the truck. Which is better replacing the light side or the truck side.

8. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

9. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Get Hinikers verson of the night saber 2, they are plug and play and a great improvement over the arrow lights. Ebay usually has the best price on the lights.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Hinikers or LED both sound like good options.

11. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

We have put the Hinikers on a few of ours. Plug right in. On a side note do the Hinikers now come w a different light? Have seen them w the same lights Curtis and Sno Way are using.

12. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Wait just a little longer on the Hiniker headlights. There is a new version coming that I will bet most dealers don't have yet. Seems even more robust and brighter. Same type of mounting.

13. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Do you have any info on them I can't find anything online? On the Hiniker web site it shows all the plows with what look the the ones which have been around for several years. Any ideal of a time frame. Thanks

14. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

They appear to b the same as used an Curtis and Snow Way plows. I see Mill Supply is also selling them as Night Saber II replacements.

15. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Ya really don't like the looks of them.

16. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Watch LEDs as they may not get warm enough to melt the snow off the headlights

17. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

18. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^ I have NSII's on one plow, would you say the new Hiniker's are better?

19. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

I have never run a set of the night saber's but i would say they are atleast equal to if not better then the new boss lights.

20. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hahahahah!